Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank destroyer ID

Hello guys,

I have this photo with a bunch of people in front of what appears to be a tank destroyer in my opinion. What could the tank be, a Marder II? Let me know what you all think.
    Attached Files

Yup, I'd say so too- you can clearly see the PanzerI/II-type track.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Matt

Comment

Last edited by Laurence Strong; 06-08-2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Matt on this one - Marder II.

Steve

Comment

Thanks guys for the confirmation, but another question popped in my mind. Is the guy with the black uniform at the bottom left a Kriegsmarine soldier?

Comment

Black Panzer uniform

Originally posted by Besian B.
              Thanks guys for the confirmation, but another question popped in my mind. Is the guy with the black uniform at the bottom left a Kriegsmarine soldier?
              Hello Besian,

No, this soldier is wearing a black Panzer Feldmütze, black shirt and black Panzer trousers. While there is a wide assortment of uniforms worn in this photo note that several of the soldiers are wearing the black Panzer Feldmütze.

It was fairly common, especially for Marder II crews in Panzerjäger-Abteilungen to wear the black Panzer uniform,

I get the feeling that this photo might have been taken in Italy? Or possibly this is a vehicle of Panzerjäger-Abteilung 37 while in Greece? Any other guesses?

Hope this helps

Mike

Comment

Greetings Mike,

The photo appears to be taken in Albania, and you've got really close with your guesses. I think it was probably a tank atached to one of the regiments in the 297 infantry division. Thanks for clarifying the uniform question

Comment

Originally posted by Besian B.
                  Greetings Mike,

The photo appears to be taken in Albania, and you've got really close with your guesses. I think it was probably a tank atached to one of the regiments in the 297 infantry division. Thanks for clarifying the uniform question
                  Hello Besian,

Thank you for your greetings and the additional information on your photograph. This is great as this now gives a time line to your photograph (1943 –44). Your vehicle was more than likely assigned to Panzerjäger-Abteilung 297.

Here is a link for more information on this Division.

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanteriedivisionen/Gliederung.htm

Thank you for the input!

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X