Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schürzen issue...

Hi,
    I have an issue with this Schürzen piece. It was supposedly found in the area where only StuGs were present. However IMO it looks clearly as Schürzen used on PzKpf IV (take a look on Schürzen on the photos). I wonder what is yours opinion about it. Were those type of Schürzen also used on StuGs and StuHs?

Looking at the Stug 4 version on the internet the rearmost plate looks a lot like yours.

Regards

Comment

I agree. Look at this picture below. Your plate looks like the one on the far right.
      But its hard to tell the exact shape based on your pictures. Is the lower edge on your plate straight or sloping?
      Attached Files
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

By no means an expert on Schürzen and I do realize that there were many variations, but I don't understand why the fender/mud guard bracket is on one side of the skirt, while the remnants/weld spots for the upper rail mounts are on the opposite side of the skirt. Just an observation.
        Regards
        Bern

Comment

Thank you for yours help.
          However my plate is sloped on the lower plate.
          That's why I have my doubts...

Comment

Your Schürze is 100% the first schürze of a Stug III or StuG IV but certainly not from a Panzer IV.

cheers

Comment

It should be rather easy to determine.

Just measure the angles, make a drawing and also measure the angles on the different plates of the Panzers/Stugs.

This way you can be sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X