Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIchael Wittmann Starting point and route - Begin of VB

Hi everyone

i think it was on here that someone once posted the CP of MW and where his tanks were parked and the route he took to start the battle of Villers

I have a google earth shot, with some pins from different posts where it might be. Like i said i think someone here found the road and the Command Post Farmhouse and the starting point

i was wondering if someone could point it out to me on my google earth image.

when i drop down to street view all over this area i cannot find where these pictures were

i would also like to know where Michael and his unit were coming from the day before or whereever to arrive at this area

thanks much
    Attached Files

https://youtu.be/XUtFll1AVVk

This video may help.

Comment

Thank you for that

If this video is accurate, i am wondering how Wittmann drove to point 213, did he head back up the farm lane and then cut over the fields? and do we know that route by chance?

When i drop down where this shows he was, i can't match the CP farmhouse that was posted here and the lane where this person said he was parked etc

not a huge deal, just would be interested in the area, CP, and lane he was pared on when he discovered the column, and then the route he took to 213

thanks for the help!

Comment

Wittmann did not attacked tanks on hill 213.

Comment

Wittmann burst through the hedgerow and took out the first tank on the D675 near Point 213.

Allan
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X