Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wound badge black - "GM" - Gustav Miksch

Hi,

Hopefully I have a genuine and also very rare wound badge from the maker Gustav Miksch. The badge itself is marked "GM". From my research on forums I believe this is genuine.

Thanks for any input.
    /Jonas
    Attached Files

Another very nice one!

Mats

Comment

There are no evidence what so ever that Gustav Miksh are behind these badges. It´s only a wild theory of the GM and that it must be Miksh becouse of the initials.

A nice badge though. And welcome to the club!
      Regards
      Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
      I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Very nice example!

So this is the second known type BWB without the rear rivet like the Assmann?
        (And the lowrim fake ofcourse)

Comment

Very nice bwb!

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

I agree that it's a nice original badge.

I also agree that the GM is almost certainly NOT a maker's mark in this case. The mark is on the hardware, NOT the badge. Imo the marking is part of the German patent/copyright system and is only referring to this special type of integral hinge/pin/catch construction.

Regards
            Mike
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks for all the input.

/Jonas

Comment

I have never seen this type of "GM" marking on a wound badge before, so a nice variation in my opinion.

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post

I also agree that the GM is almost certainly NOT a maker's mark in this case. The mark is on the hardware, NOT the badge. Imo the marking is part of the German patent/copyright system and is only referring to this special type of integral hinge/pin/catch construction.

Regards
                Mike

Mike, do you think it could be a shortened version of the DRGM marking?

I agree it likely not to be a maker mark for the badge, but saying that, a lot of black wounds do have maker marks stamped into their pins.

regards
                Graeme

Comment

The DRGM marking is a Patent from Deumer on ww1 woundbadges . The Design on ww1 Deumer is a different from GM

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I thought DRGM markings could be found on different manufacturers items.

Are you saying Deumer WW1 black wound badges used the DRGM marking?

The badge that started this thread is not Deumer related as I understand it and my assumption is that not all DRGM marked items are connected to Deumer.
                    I was just wondering if the DRGM marking could be connected to the GM marking, which I agree is unlikely.

best regards
                    Graeme

Comment

Comment

The DRGM integral hinge/catch type Imperial WB does NOT match the type in period Deumer catalogues.

Here's a link to an online version of the 1936 Deumer catalogue (mentioned above) which clearly shows a different WB;

https://zemlyanka-v.com/shop/germany...talog-reprint/

Without the DRGM number it's impossible to say who took out the copyright/patent/registration number for the style of pin at the top of the thread or as found on the integral hinge/catch WB type.

Interestingly, my understanding of DRGM changed recently. See the following links for discussions regarding markings on unrelated items:

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com...ulary/drgm.php
                        http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com...sterschutz.php
                        https://bassic-sax.info/blog/2013/ea...-designations/

...and for descriptions of some left field items which include only GM markings:

https://www.muesch-online.com/drgm%20englisch.html

The GM only mark seems to be a fairly early variation, implying that the integral hinge/catch assembly at the top of the thread was an early registered pattern (not that the example above was made in the early 1890s!).

Interesting that the Hansen DRGM 650006 and Meybauer DRGM 653146 screwdisks both time from probably early WW1.

Regards
                        Mike

Regards
                        Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The DRGM Typ and the wb in this Katalog are the Same look at the Details please

Comment

Originally posted by Masch19 View Post
                            The DRGM Typ and the wb in this Katalog are the Same look at the Details please

I did (and have in the past). Clearly not the same. The integral hinge/catch DRGM WBs have VERY distinctive flat tops and bottoms due to the integral hinge/catch folding process.

The WB in the 1926 Deumer catalogue clearly has a standard rounded top/bottom.

Regards
                            Mike
                            Regards
                            Mike

Comment

I appreciate the discussion guys

Mike, thanks for those links, a lot of great info in them.

cheer
                              Graeme

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X