Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chaplains wound badge

did they ever exist?

Definitely not. There never was such a thing as a special kind of wound badge for chaplains. (And why should there have been one, anyway?)

The badges sometimes offered as "Chaplain's Wound Badges" are converted 1939 wound badges that were remodelled and sold as pilgrims' badges by monks at the Weingarten monastery after the war.

See: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=555684

Comment

Chaplains wound badge

thanks for the reply. when one comes up for sale I will stay away from it!

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
        thanks for the reply. when one comes up for sale I will stay away from it!
        Why? They are converted genuine badges with an interesting history. Every WB collection should have one imo. Be careful, they ARE faked though!

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
          Why? They are converted genuine badges with an interesting history. Every WB collection should have one imo. Be careful, they ARE faked though!

Regards
          Mike
          Agree with you. Have had one in my collection for years.

Tom

Comment

not

Comment

chaplains wound badge

when they come up what is the the usual fare, original vrs fake? thanks in advance.

Comment

The easy ones are plain castings.

The better ones use the wrong base badge, wrong cross and/or wrong method of attaching the cross.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Interesting information, never heard about them !

Comment

I don't collect wound badges but I have found this thread very enlightening.

Chet
                    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Chaplains wound badge

does any one have one for sale,or know where I can obtain one for my wound badge collection ? a reproduction is is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post

The badges sometimes offered as "Chaplain's Wound Badges" are converted 1939 wound badges that were remodelled and sold as pilgrims' badges by monks at the Weingarten monastery after the war.

See: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=555684

Very interesting and a neat conversion

Comment

I've found this thread very interesting. Having seen these from time to time over many years I've always wondered what they were and now I know.

Here are two examples that a friend of mine owns which are obviously from the same maker and batch as described and shown here.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice badges
                            Thanks for showing!

Comment

Personally i like these badges as they to me represents a swapping the Evil to the Good literally with the removing of swastika center and replacing it with the Christian Cross!

I’ d pick one up in a heart beat if i Could find one to my liking!
                              Regards
                              Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                              I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X