Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Wound Badge in black marked 30 out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Wound Badge in black marked 30 out there?

I see a lot of 30 marked Gold and Silver examples of Wound Badges a lot of them in its marked cases but so few examples of black class ones and I wonder if they are really rare or just bad luck on my side trying to find one example. Also it exist a paper bad marked for the Silver and Black grade made by this maker.

Thanks a lot.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Hi Angel,

30 marked BWB are hard to find (raised mark, not stamped like Silver/Gold). Even harder to find the paper bags/tute. They are out there though.

I think I have read the award envelopes for the Silver BWB have been faked, so be careful there. Check the cases and packets forum.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Here are mine
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
      I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Love the wear on these Hans, thanks for sharing!

Mats

Comment

indeed 30 marked BWB's are scarce, in every marked variation.
          Exist also unmarked ones and they are more obtainable...
          sigpic

Comment

Very nice badges
            I have only one with maker mark 30
            Those two badges was found together in the ground in Europe
            I really like them
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Angel

I agree with the others, they are out there but hard to find. I have quite a few black wound badges but never managed to add a "30" to the collection..

Hans, your badges look awesome

and chahler, nice to see your ground dug badges

best regards
              Graeme

Comment

Thanks to all for your answers and additional info. I wonder why they made the Silver and Gold ones in such quantity and the easiest one in so low.

My search to complete the trio will be more difficult than I anticipated.

Angel
                Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Some nice badges you got there guys!

The black "30" ones are indeed quite hard to find, but that is the nice thing about collecting. Having a goal in finding one

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
                    Thanks to all for your answers and additional info. I wonder why they made the Silver and Gold ones in such quantity and the easiest one in so low.

My search to complete the trio will be more difficult than I anticipated.

Angel

This was caused by the production orders of the Präsidialkanzlei:

Germany believed in a fast winning of the war and so they believed that they only were in need of only a few makers. So Hauptmünzamt wasn’t supplied with mass orders.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                    Best regards, Andreas

______
                    The Wound Badge of 1939
                    www.vwa1939.com
                    The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
                    www.ek1939.com

Comment

Hi Andreas,

if my head is with me the overall amount of makers of the black grades are higher than the silver and gold grades which would mean that all makers didn´t have to produce all 3 grades in terms of efficiancy. And in the early days of the war the need for black grade badges was more needed than in the mid to late stages of the war
                      Regards
                      Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                      I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
                        Hi Andreas,

if my head is with me the overall amount of makers of the black grades are higher than the silver and gold grades which would mean that all makers didn´t have to produce all 3 grades in terms of efficiancy. And in the early days of the war the need for black grade badges was more needed than in the mid to late stages of the war
                        Hello Hans,

for sure the need of black ones was always higher than any other grade of the wound badge. But in the early days the PKZ believed that a smaller number of makers was able to support this need.

We have a similar think for the IC2 for example:

In the early days around 1939/1940 Klein & Quenzer wasn't allowed to produce the IC because the PKZ thought that enough makers were already involved.

To me Hauptmünzamt became the rising star of wound badge production at midwar when their production methods were more efficient than those of other companies.
                        Best regards, Andreas

______
                        The Wound Badge of 1939
                        www.vwa1939.com
                        The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
                        www.ek1939.com

Comment

Here is such 30 want but not can find...[любовь]
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X