Mint BWB wrapped in issue packet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint BWB wrapped in issue packet

May you please tell me if the badge maker match the packet maker?
    Many thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blau250 View Post
          May you please tell me if the badge maker match the packet maker?
          Hello,

Sorry, but I cannot say for sure whether this is a matched set or not. I do like the look of the badge and the packet, but I am puzzled by this set. I have never seen a Wound Badge packet marked to Wilhelm Stärz of Gablonz/Neiße. There was a Rudolf Stärz and a Heinrich Stärz jr. (both situated in Gablonz/Neiße). Both were metal goods manufacturers with RZM M9 licenses for day and meeting badge (tinnie) production. The only Wilhelm Stärz I could locate was a Gablonz-based cotton/wool producer. It is a very interesting set, though, and hopefully someone will know more about this. Perhaps there was a Wilhelm Stärz that was a successor to Rudolf or Heinrich?

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I am agree with you Tom. IMO, packet it is strange, can't find anything like this in any database. So for me packet no. Badge looks ok to me, I can't see any red flags. Just you need to check who is the maker for that example. I recommend you the WAF premium ;

Comment

I am not ready to dismiss this set as of yet. The overall look of the items give me the impression that the badge, tissue wrap, and packet have been together from the day they were made. But just how long ago that was I can't say. Was it seventy-four years ago or seventy-four days ago? The set has a believable look to it, but it is hard to give an opinion when one has never seen a set like it before. If the set is original then it must be a rare find. If the set is fake then one would expect to see more of these around. For now I am on the fence with this set, but trying to remain hopeful. If more of these sets should suddenly start to appear in the collector market then that would not be a good sign.

I am looking forward to hearing more opinions about this set.

Best regards,
              Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello,
                This is the first time I've seen anything from this maker and I'm not sure about the packet at all as the paper looks a little different to me than most BWB packets, but that just may be the lighting in the image. The only thing for military awards (not political as I don't collect them) I've seen from anyone named Stärz is a packet for the KVK2 with swords marked to Rudolf Stärz.

I'll pm Pavel in Gablonz and see what he knows.

Blau250, if it turns out to be original and you decide to sell it, please give me a shot at it. I would love to have a previously undiscovered Gablonz badge to add to my collection. It will be impossible to 100% prove the maker of the badge unless someone recognizes the pattern and hardware from another maker, but to me it looks like a matched set. You might put a link to this thread in the packets forum to see if one of the gurus there can give you an opinion on the envelope as well.
                Dale

Comment

Many thanks for your comments gents. The set has been with me from early 90's and come directly from a vet's family...
                  Home it could help

Comment

I don't believe in this package. I have not come across nor do I know of Wilhelm Stärz as a WB maker. Besides, the paper doesn't look like original packages (though the flat lighting can be blamed for this). So for me a no to the package.

Comment

I am still hopeful as far as the packet is concerned. Not all original award packets had the flecking to the paper. Some original packets did not have the flecking but used a more plain paper with a somewhat glossy sheen.

Best regards,
                      Tom
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi all,

interesting thread. I have no problem with the Wilhelm Stärz package. I already saw some of them before. See some pictures from my database bellow. I am not sure if the badge matches to the manufacturer. The other set I saw had different badge inside. But the package is OK.

Yes Wilhelm Stärz was a manufacturer from Gablonz. The business started already in 1912, producing mainly jewellery. His company was not very big, with 18-22 workers but at the beginning of war had only 6 employees + 3 homeworkers. At the WW2 time they started production for Wehrmacht and the turnover raised a lot during this period. The company owner was Wilhelm Stärz ( was born 1888 ) and his Prokurist was Alfred Stärz.

See bellow Wilhelm Stärz company advertisement + his company stamp and signature.

Best regards from Gablonz.

Pavel
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X