Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wound Badge u. Besitzzeugnis

Hello to all,
    Nothing special, but here is a nice Wound Badge in Black and Award Document that I just picked up today. The Wound Badge is steel with a little bit of wear to the finish.
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Here is the reverse of the Wound Badge. The pin has an incuse-relief marking '118' for the firm August Menze & Sohn of Vienna. The hinge and catch are typical of Wound Badges produced by the State Mint of Vienna. I believe that the maker mark '118' is somewhat scarce for Wound Badges.
    Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 06-17-2004, 02:27 PM.
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Here is the Besitzzeugnis...
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

The award is to Gefreiter Erich Leuschner of the 14. Kompanie of Infanterie Regiment 32, for a first time wounding on April 12, 1942.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 06-17-2004, 02:52 PM.
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

The award was given on July 22, 1942. The signature on the document is either that of the Regimental Leader, Major Fedor Apelt, or it is that of an adjutant who signed the Major's name and was acting on his behalf. (I'm not certain because of the I.V. notation above the signature.) Any help on this point would be appreciated. Apelt won the Knight's Cross on August 2, 1944. The eagle ink stamp is that of Infanterie Regiment 32.

Best regards! Tom
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 06-17-2004, 06:30 PM.
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Can anyone out there please help me with the signature on this Black Wound Badge Document? I believe that it is the signature of the Regimental Commander, Major Fedor Apelt, but I would like to get a confirmation on this if possible. Also, what is the significance of the I.V. (in Vertretung) notation above the signature? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I can not help you with your question Tom,
              But that is a very nice little set you have got there!
              Thanks for all your help and comments on my packages in my thread.

Mads

Comment

In this case i would imagine that Apelt was the stand in commander of the regiment at this point in time, hence the I.V. If i remember correctly it's also why he's refered to as the regiments 'Führer' and not 'Kommandeur' .

An adjutant or clerk would not sign something as someone else. In those situations you would get i.A (in Auftrag, or on behalf of) and the adjutants signature, rank and appointment.

Hope this helps

Simon
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon!

Everything you said makes complete sense to me. I appreciate all that useful information. Best regards! Tom
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X