No announcement yet.

Gold Wound L/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, believe it or not i don't have any zink WB by this maker in my collection!
    I don't trust them except the Tombak type...now, i'm sure is a good type out there but hasn't confirmed yet... I have seen so many hardware set ups even design and i'm very confused, if i compare the stamped hollow-solid version with your markings are matched also the hardware is accepted for this maker so probably it's a good one...
    sigpic

Comment

It is interesting badge.I would like to see it in normal daylight,without flash if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Varveris View Post
        Guys, believe it or not i don't have any zink WB by this maker in my collection!
        I don't trust them except the Tombak type...now, i'm sure is a good type out there but hasn't confirmed yet... I have seen so many hardware set ups even design and i'm very confused, if i compare the stamped hollow-solid version with your markings are matched also the hardware is accepted for this maker so probably it's a good one...

hi Chris,

Many thanks for your opinion

regards Gabor

Comment

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
          It is interesting badge.I would like to see it in normal daylight,without flash if possible.

Yes, of course, I will to make some pics for you tomorrow, without flash

regards Gabor

Comment

new pics on daylight

hi guys,

I made some photos on daylight this WB Gold. The sky is clear, so I have not used the flash.

regards Gabor
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Gabor Tischler; 01-20-2010, 06:41 AM.

Comment

...+1...
              Attached Files

Comment

...+2....
                Attached Files

Comment

...+3....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gabor: If you check past threads on these you will note that a lot of controversy or confusion surrounds these badges. I leave you with a comparison photo of the Infantry Assault Badge utilizing the same setup which I posted on a thread a while back. Personally I am OK with these badges.

Dennis
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis P View Post
                      Gabor: If you check past threads on these you will note that a lot of controversy or confusion surrounds these badges. I leave you with a comparison photo of the Infantry Assault Badge utilizing the same setup which I posted on a thread a while back. Personally I am OK with these badges.

Dennis

hi Dennis,

Yes thanks, I checked your thread, so I'm rest with my wb, yet

regards Gabor

Comment

A good one IMO. The same hardware are also found on other Orth badges
                        Regards
                        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
                          A good one IMO. The same hardware are also found on other Orth badges
                          many thanks Hans for your comment, too

regards Gabor

Comment

Hi,
                            In my collection is exactly the same WBiG resting.
                            I a aware about the the controversity about the L/14 pieces but so far nearly all fakes were said to have raised L/14 and not stamped L/14 as in this case.
                            Although mostly the setup is different.
                            Your details look a bit "blurry/milky" but I think it is because of some missing contrast in your picture. In that picture together with the U-boat-badge it looks much better.
                            Details of my piece are absolutely comparable to proofed good pieces.
                            Very clear detail, nice gold finish, nicely soldered hinge and catch.
                            Last but not least I found it hard to find a piece matching that close to mine as yours
                            over a couple of years. This is showing me that market seems to be not flooded with this pieces.

However, I like your piece as much I like mine !

Best Regards, Barmbeker

Comment

Originally posted by Barmbeker View Post
                              Hi,
                              In my collection is exactly the same WBiG resting.
                              I a aware about the the controversity about the L/14 pieces but so far nearly all fakes were said to have raised L/14 and not stamped L/14 as in this case.
                              Although mostly the setup is different.
                              Your details look a bit "blurry/milky" but I think it is because of some missing contrast in your picture. In that picture together with the U-boat-badge it looks much better.
                              Details of my piece are absolutely comparable to proofed good pieces.
                              Very clear detail, nice gold finish, nicely soldered hinge and catch.
                              Last but not least I found it hard to find a piece matching that close to mine as yours
                              over a couple of years. This is showing me that market seems to be not flooded with this pieces.

However, I like your piece as much I like mine !

Best Regards, Barmbeker

hi Barmbeker,

Your comment is perfect and detailed

many thanks.

Best regards Gabor

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X