X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wound badge 1944

Friends,
    last week I had a unique experience:
    visiting the Imperial War Museum in London, I saw exposed the rarest Wound Badge of 1944 in its original case.

How that badge get to the museum?
    How many of the others produced badges are still around ?
    Who owns them?

HOW MANY?

These badges turn up vocationally, but extremely few can be tied to a recipient. the fakers have just about perfected reproducing these badges. I am fortunate to have owned one original presentation piece complete with case and award document. The badges are covered here on the forum in great detail. Go to the archives and you will learn a lot about this very rare badge.
    Attached Files

Comment

Since it is certain I will never own one of these. Does anybody know where you can find a good copy of these badges?

Comment

GOOD COPIES

The fakes today are so good that they are NEVER sold as reproductions. That is the major problem with these badges. I know one faker who keeps a stready stream of these flowing into the collector's market on a yearly basis. Here is one such fake.
        Attached Files

Comment

REVERSE

Here is the reverse which now has been refined on the latest batch to come over.
          Attached Files

Comment

OK Bill, is it for sale?

Comment

IT SOLD

I have been informed it sold for $7,000. As old P. T. said: A sucker is born every day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X