WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imperial Gold Wound Badge Opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Gold Wound Badge Opinions please.

Sorry for my bad English.

I bought on eBay this GWB, the truth is that a good price, but as always in these cases is the question of whether it is authentic.

If these photos can not confirm the authenticity, where the hare get more detailed photos.

Let's see if I get the full joy with this GWB.

I hope your comments.

Greetings from Madrid.

The wash of the badge looks a little goldish.......can you show the catch and hinge.....Not sure on the pin, if its been replaced or not. Whats the ballpark price you paid? I do hope you find full Joy .....I dont think i have any gold ones in this style...lets see what others say that have the gold version. Do you have a photoshop program to enhance the coloring? Front details of the leaves is not very fine, might not mean anything...hold your breath....

Comment

Hi,

It looks like a genuine Gold grade from the pics, which what is referred to as a GWL catch. I also am unsure about the pin - it may be original and just bent, or it may be a replacement as it does not appear to fit well at the hinge end.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

The price was very good, 36,05 euros at auction.

The needle is actually looks of have been replaced, but until you do not have it in hand I can not assure.

When I received a few photos detailed.

Thanks.

Comment

Today I received my GWB, these are the detailed photos:

The GWB weighs 30 grams, and measures are 42 mm X 37 mm, the needle actually isn't original, has been replaced, and I think that also where hooks, since this opening to the opposite side than usual.

Thoughts you think does is original or a copy?... at first glance does that look very good and I am almost sure that is original, but...

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Looks good, also the slight ageing/wear on the front.
            Wouldn't bother a lot about the pin at 36 euro for a golden one
            Pin looks as an old replacement...

Comment

Well since my GWB 1914 the beginning of the post not I just like it, so I bought another more peace of mind, and this has been chosen:

It has the correct measures 43 x 38 mm, I believe that I have now achieved a "good" with which I am very happy.

Please I would like to know your opinions.

Best regards.

Comment

Imperial GWB, opinions please.

This is my GWB, measures are 43 x 38 mm.

Has no golden bath, the piece can be brass?

Please I would like to know your opinions.

Best regards.

Comment

I opened a discussion forum on imperial Militaria

Comment

Hi. You say it has no gold wash or paint, but I can't really tell from here. I suppose it could be a black grade with the paint removed. See what others say. At any rate it is origional. Ron.

Comment

A good one but as Ron i question which grade it is.
                      Regards
                      Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                      I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X