Gold Wound Badge- Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Wound Badge- Fake?

What do you think of this Gold Wound Badge, is it okay? I have noticed some repros this character has been selling and still is. For instance a genuine Blood Order at £40, excellent value! I would appreciate any comments. I am new to this but I am learning quickly!

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....aucview=closed

this page, sorry!

Comment

hi richard

is say fake on this one the line across the helmet is a dead give away.........rodney

Comment

Hi Richard,

I can´t follow the link... but if it has the "line" in the helmet as rodney mentionated... it must be a fake.
        Please check our site and take a look in the WWII section, the fakes on 30 WB´s.

Regards,

Javier.
        German Wound Badges

Comment

Thanks for your comments, sorry about the link. I woudln't have noticed the crease as the giveaway sign but I will now, I feel obliged to stop this character from selling to unsuspecting buyers. Its not right.
          Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Javier

I've just quickly compared the possible fake against the gold 30 WB and can't see much difference in the line on the helmet. I am clearly missing the obvious but what is it? Is is the degree of indentation or level of the line?

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

In originals there´s no line in the helmet. What I mean is that possibly depending in the angle of the picture, it may look like they´ve a line, but there´s no indentation in the helmet surface.
              In those fakes there´s a "real line" in the helmet, an indentated line.
              Hope this helps...

Regards,

Javier.
              German Wound Badges

Comment

Javier,

Thanks again, I understand now. I do have a black wound badge which I have just looked at, you are a spot on. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Luckily it wasn't me who got burned, though I think I have a dodgy West wall medal.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X