Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Wound Badge - any idea of maker

Hi Guys

Just got this black wound badge in. It came in a rather used Blue LDO case.

Using a loupe I can just make out a very faint maker mark in the helmet (lower left). It is not worn down, I think it was always this way.

Does anybody have any idea who the maker could be?? I will let you know if it matches the mark.

thanks

Graeme
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

last one - hinge and catch
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Graeme,
        <o =""></o>
        Any chance of a close-up on the<o =""></o>
        “Very faint maker mark”<o =""></o>
        <o =""></o>
        Regards,<o =""></o>
        Ronny.<o =""></o>

Comment

Try looking for a "3" BTW, is it just the scan or does it appear that the badge has been repainted? I am asking because it looks as if there is some pooling of paint in the low areas that is shiny when compared to the rest of the paintwork. It also appears that there is quite a bit of "trash" in the paint. I may be wrong, it may just be the photo.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Ronny, this week my biy will bring his camera over. I will try and get a pic then. You have to angle the badge and get some light on it to see what I think looks like an L/11 ?

Steven, I will try and check the paint and look for the 3. I dont think there is any trash in the paint, I believe it to be loose fibres.

I will try dusting them away and get better pics this week and then post.

thanks again, much appreciated.

By the way there is a little ding just below the swas, this does not point to a specific maker by any chance ?

regards
            Graeme

Comment

Graeme:

Is your wound badge steel or brass?

When I do a zoom on your picture I seem to see 2....possibly 3 digits. The center one resembles a 1....the right digit perhaps a 3.

If your badge is steel, I'm secretly rooting for your badge to be a 113 (see my recent posting regarding this badge). Ronny was kind enough to post a good picture of one with a clear maker mark. Mine is very faint. The reverse setup appears similar as well.

If it makes you feel better, I'm in that same son with the camera situation.

Wishing you further success in the quest for IABs. Happy Holidays!!

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis P
                Graeme:

Is your wound badge steel or brass?

When I do a zoom on your picture I seem to see 2....possibly 3 digits. The center one resembles a 1....the right digit perhaps a 3.

If your badge is steel, I'm secretly rooting for your badge to be a 113 (see my recent posting regarding this badge). Ronny was kind enough to post a good picture of one with a clear maker mark. Mine is very faint. The reverse setup appears similar as well.

If it makes you feel better, I'm in that same son with the camera situation.

Wishing you further success in the quest for IABs. Happy Holidays!!

Dennis

Hi, I hope Ronny doesn't mind that I hijacked his pic.

The badge in question and the "113" in the attached pic. are very different indeed. Some of the differences that I am able to immediately identify are:

1. Sword grips have a more slim taper at the hilts.
                2. The helmet is slightly smaller (look at spacing from wreath to rim).
                3. There are no berries at the left and right of the hilts at the wreath.
                Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 10-31-2006, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Graeme,
                  <o =""></o>
                  I think I have a twin to your badge,<o =""></o>
                  The badge is made of steel, with a very faint mm L/11.<o =""></o>
                  The pin on my badge is non magnetic.<o =""></o>
                  <o =""></o>
                  No problem Steven.<o =""></o>
                  <o =""></o>
                  Cheers,<o =""></o>
                  Ronny.<o =""></o>
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ronny.R; 12-08-2005, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Back.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And mm.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again guys.

I have a camera now so this weekend I will try and get a good shot.

Ronny, your mark is in the position mine is in...

God these wound badges all look alike

I will update this thread when I get the pics

thanks again

Graeme

Comment

Steven:

All of your points are well taken. I'm glad you expressed your second point. I haven't paid much attention to the spacing between the helmet and the border of laurel leaves, but will start using that as a means of comparison as well.

Best Wishes To All

Dennis

Comment

As promised guys - a bit more info and some more pics.

Badge is magnetic - only the catch is non magnetic. The pin and hinge are magnetic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

obverse
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X