GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Washed Wound Badge with unusual backing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Washed Wound Badge with unusual backing?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me something about this piece.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It screws together! I assumed it was another way to attach to a uniform but why not a pin?
      Attached Files

Comment

It is a Silver Imperial wound badge, (WWI). I cannot tell you if it is real or not. I do believe that they did make some screw back wound badges from that era but I really don't know a lot about Imperial items.

Comment

Great Woundbadge

Are there any marks on that badge somewhere?

best,
          Gerd

Comment

Is it only me, or does it look like there is traces of hinge and hook solder? Especially at the location for a hook. Maybe a conversion piece. I like really like it.

Regards,
            Henrik

Comment

Im no WB expert, but I was thinking the same as Henrik.

Cheers
              Øyvind

Comment

more

more
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

value of an item like this? Thanks

Comment

Vary nice uncommon variety. It appears that the recepient decided to have the standard fittings removed and the screw device added by a jeweler. This was actually a more secure way of fastening the badge and was a bit "fashionable" as well for the times. Value on a piece like this could be broad according to who wants it, and how bad they want it. Standard silver wound badges usually bring about $60.00 to $75.00, I would think that an example like this could bring about $165.00 to $185.00

Comment

Three Piece Screw Back Wound Badge

I picked up many moons ago, mint condition silver and gold screw back imperial wound badges with the marking of DRGM 653146 on the back of the smaller screw device. The silver has a nice high polish to the highlights as does the gold. Both the back plate and the marked screw device on the gold are plated as well. I've never come across another set like these, though I'm sure they were made during the 30's.

Comment

Send me your email and I'll send you some fotos of the two.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X