wounded badge box ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wounded badge box ...

Hi, I’ve just bought this box, It’s marked “LDO” but I don’t know what kind of medal it contains, may be the wounded badge in black?
    And what about the sword ?
    Thanks. Regards.
    DAK

From skip:

The dagger is a WHW plastic 'tinnie' (part of series) for the winter relief aid for the German homeless etc

Me: The box, hard to tell from the pictures, can I see the top of it ? The Ldo warrenty looks to be that of the warrenty cut off the back of a packet perhaps (not sure) the Ldo logo in the lid on intial impression looks a little big perhaps, but until I check it aginst my examples I can't be 101% sure.

Pic's of the underside of the bottom portion of the box and the outer lid would help.

Kr

Marcus/Skip

Comment

That style of LDO box is very unusual but in my opinion original. It is some kind of generic box but not the same size as the wound badge type. The LDO is printed directly onto the lid whereas the blurb is a separately applied piece of paper.
      I once had one that came with a stone mint Silesian eagle 1st class of wartime manufacture inside so that is a possibility for you.

Comment

I think this box needs further deliberation, either that Ldo logo is on a seperate piece of maker or this logo is questionable.

I'd like to know the dimensions first and see further pic's, as there are much better fakes than the Muller sorts with the 180 cut outs, of this comparative size to the rectangular original there are a couple of fakes without cut outs and they are all larger sorts.

I'd imagine it's best that way to fit an array of awards perhaps.

More pic's DAK and dimensions please.

Comment

A seperate photo of the LDO warranty slip would be good too.Thanks,Allan
          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
          Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Thanks to evryone.
            The dimension of the box are: 5,5 x 4 x 1,5 cm.

Comment

LDO box

Hi, don't know if this will help but just to let you know I have exactly the same box in my collection and was bought containing a minty bar to the EK (unmounted) and I have also seen another for sale containing a mini mothers cross in silver, possibly a shopkeepers gift box or something? Regards Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

These Ldo boxes where sold with awards at the retailer outlets, rather like....I guess an elaborate private American PX of sorts or our PRI, what we call 'private purchase'.

The Ldo boxes of this nature come in for arguments sake for now, two sizes DAK's would conform to an original being around 5.5 cm for the bottom part (5.5 x 3.9 for the rectangular box)

They like just about every thing fake these, in a multitude of sizes, the fakes pertaining to this specific box are always to large and have other features to account for them being fake; one to note is the 'framed' Ldo on the outside of the box....this didn't happen, you find that on the inside of the lid. The older Ldo logo you do find on the outside of the lid, that 'rule' counts for all Ldo boxes as far as I'm aware of to date.

What is odd, or an anomaly really is that DAK's box seems to have an Ldo packet cut up and placed inside his box, for the logo and warrenty purpose.

Note these pic's and the logo's compared to DAK's, these really represent what you'd consider the 'expected norm' in regards to logo.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MH184; 10-29-2005, 09:21 AM.

Comment

And with out going colours, variations and styles the other more common types here is the 'square' box, here you can see the older 'scroll' Ldo on the lid.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What rings bells for me or indeed interest in DAK's box for is the warrenty and logo, as I say they appear to look like a cut up Ldo packet ??
                    Attached Files

Comment

Both would fit, logo and warrenty dimension wise and by DAK's picture proportions to be this.

Why ? It's the first of this mix match I've seen, I'm not sure if this period, post war or a fake box, they are begining to fake these boxes to a great degree. I fact some near imposible to tell, unless you have them in hand really and ithelps to compare to several purported originals.

From the looks the 'cut out' portions from the packet are genuine at least.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X