Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting hardware on a Imperial Woundbadge

Hello guys,

Never got alround to posting this one. I picked this one up a while back, because of the interesting hardware. Anyone got any idea which maker made this one ? Most I see have the regular wire needle,

Interested in hearing some opinions on this one!

Thanks,

Chris
    Attached Files

I would say Original badge with replaced hardware John.

Comment

Interesting WB Chris. I like the look of the hinge and pin, reminds me of Zimmermann or Wiedmann pins. The catch also looks to have the same type of paint as the rest of the badge, pin and hinge so I suspect it is original as well. But the shape of the catch is pretty amateurish, so not sure what to think about this one.

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

I was feeling the same Tom, the catch does not seem to be replaced! I was hoping someone had a simulair type of Woundbadge in there collection.
        Its a interesting piece as reference, you never know what might show up in the future!

Comment

The catch is a typical SA Sportbadge catch which where used by several makers. I suspect what we are looking at is a repaired badge perhaps factory repaired even
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thats interesting Hans! Have you ever seen a simulair hinge/pin on a Imperial Woundbadge ?
            Could it be that we are looking at a factory replaced hardware set ? (needle/pin and catch)

Comment

Hi Chris

Interesting badge and I like it

I have one with similar pin, the catch is not the same, but the type of catch on yours
              can also be found on DRL badges for exempel from Ernst Schneider

Cheers,
              Ronny
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting badge Ronny! Very simulair pin to mine, and your catch is alsmost the same.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post
                  Thats interesting Hans! Have you ever seen a simulair hinge/pin on a Imperial Woundbadge ?
                  No not on a Imperial one but i have this one with a similar hinge-pin style
                  Attached Files
                  Regards
                  Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                  I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X