MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BWB, WW1 Gold, 2nd Issue Gold WB - for review & bashing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWB, WW1 Gold, 2nd Issue Gold WB - for review & bashing!

Good afternoon:

Presenting these for review by the experts on the Forum. The following is what I see, and believe - but would like to be told I am wrong .....

BWB: Appears to be an unissued pre May-1945 production. Steel composition - appears to be rusted at some points on the reverse.

WW1 Gold: Appears to be a post May-1945 production badge.

Gold 2nd Issue WB: Difficult to tell given the rather poor photos I was presented. I am calling this a post May-1945 production badge.

Huge thanks, as always
    Gary

HI Hary,

well not the best pics for judge from but the "Gold 2nd Issue" as you call it is a post war Souval badge. The other 2 i´d like to see some better pics from if possible.
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hello Hans:

These came from the Seller; I do not have these in hand. I will see if I can get better pics!

I am almost 100% positive you are correct about the Gold 2nd Issue.

Huge thanks,
      Gary

Comment

Hi

The black one is also a post war Souval badge you can se the same dents on the helmets rim

Cheers,
        Ronny
        Attached Files

Comment

Well Ronny confirmed what i was afraid of. With 2 bad apples then the 3rd is most likely one as well
          Good eyes Ronny
          Last edited by Hans N; 08-07-2020, 01:05 PM.
          Regards
          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Perfect!!! Huge thanks for the info. I was positive the Gold WB was post-war, so passed on the group. When looking at groups I am not sure of, I live by the motto:
            Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X