Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake low rim black wound badge, black wound badge or hollow back gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake low rim black wound badge, black wound badge or hollow back gold?

This was in a lot of some other items I picked up at an estate sale. There were some other fakes peppered in with real items so I wouldn't be surprised if this one was bad. Was reading about the low back fake black badge and I noticed the following:

1. Lighter compared to my other black wound badge
    2. Size appears smaller than my other black wound badge
    3. Thicker lines in the leaves
    4. Thicker cross guards

But I also noticed:
    1. Has a rear rivet - None of the fakes in https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...e-low-rim-fake have a rear rivet

This thread talks about hollow back gold wound badges being legitimate, though rare: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/verwu...w-gold-659843/

I also feel this could be just a regular black wound badge as well given the black on the back, should it be legitimate. It is also unmarked from what I've seen. Would love comments. Thanks!

My current black:
    b2.JPG b1.JPG

My gold:
    g1.jpg g2.jpg

Questionable one:
    height.jpg
    rb.jpg
    rf.jpg
    h1.jpg
    h2.jpg

Thats because it is not a Low Rim fake, wrong design. Yours is original from what i can see
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

I agree with Hans, none of these are low-rim fakes. All your badges are original as far as I can see.

Here is a low rim fake for your files, courtesy of Ronny's previous post on the subject.

Tom

1a-Ronny.jpg 1b-Ronny.jpg
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

To be clear I am only asking about the hollow back gold one, no concerns about the other in my collection.

That being said, do you feel it is a hollow back gold (many of its details are similar to my solid back gold) or just another black due to the back being black (even though there’s smatterings of gold color on the clasp and pin attachment). I am aware that gold colored black badges exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is a black one. Unmarked with the paint removed.

regards,

seb

Comment

Agree with Seb,it is a black wound badge that has lost most of its colour.

Comment

Great, thanks all!

Comment

I think Seb and Kevin are spot on, the hollow is a black wound badge with most of its black finish removed. You can still see some specks of black finish remaining on the obverse and ofcourse the reverse still has most of the black finish.

Tom
                Attached Files
                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
                  I think Seb and Kevin are spot on, the hollow is a black wound badge with most of its black finish removed. You can still see some specks of black finish remaining on the obverse and ofcourse the reverse still has most of the black finish.

Tom
                  Good eye Tom, thanks. It sounds like true hollow back wound badges are very dubious. I was just really taken aback by how light it was and the construction seemed flimsier. This only cost me $20 so I can live with that.

Comment

Yes it's a black one and $20 is not a loss even with the paint loss
                    I really like your gold 65 and the box too, not an easy one to find

Cheers,
                    Ronny

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny.R View Post
                      Yes it's a black one and $20 is not a loss even with the paint loss
                      I really like your gold 65 and the box too, not an easy one to find

Cheers,
                      Ronny
                      Thanks Ronny! I actually got the all black one, gold one and this silver for $150 in the same lot at an estate.
                      Attached Files

Comment

$150? Wow there are still nice deals to make out there, congrats

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X