Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Wound Badge - Klein & Quenzer A.G

Hello,

For presentation, my silver wound badge almost mint with perfect patina....

Marcus

49BDECB7-A9E4-4DD0-A3A9-6EDD26ECDE43.jpeg 8DD453E5-FAAC-4EAF-A3AD-D4B901ED0294.jpeg 186A87EC-77BB-40F1-A5E7-878683EAD9F6.jpeg 77E5A7A5-641A-4FE0-ACDC-19504EA0EF0C.jpeg B643B15A-6982-4C60-B762-38859A175033.jpeg

Nice original K&Q but not much original silver finish remaining. Still missing one of these for my WB connection.

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

I agree with Thomas, a nice original K&Q but as the badge is zinc it has absorbed all of the original silver finish. This is the problem with zinc badges.
      Richard.

Deus Dat Incrementum

Comment

Yes a nice original badge with no finish,i wonder if it ever had the finish applied as there should be some finish left but this is like a blank canvas before it is used.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin john View Post
          i wonder if it ever had the finish applied as there should be some finish left but this is like a blank canvas before it is used.
          If you look closely there are tiny specs of silver finish still visible

Attached Files
          Regards
          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Yes there a traces of the original finish left in tiny amounts over the entire badge. What strikes me as remarkable is the patina that developed over the entire badge in such a consistent manner. And I just have to add that yes this is patina over the entire badge. This particular badge came from the estate of a US soldier who fought in Normandy and is apparently where he picked this particular badge up at the end of the war, although I have no proof. This was the information I received when I purchased the badge.

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X