Cut Out Gold Wound Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut Out Gold Wound Badge

I posted this Wound Badge in the Imperial section but might as well post it here. Can't wrap my head around how the new attachment system works, hence the messed up order of the pics.

Going to thin out the collection a bit and just wanted to run this badge by the forum first. The finish is very matte and "dry" and the oily/burnished colours that are evident on the back, and somewhat on the front, puzzles me. Lacking a bit of detail to some of the leaves at the top. The reverse of one half of the sword hilts has no detail. The pin, hook and parts of of the hinge has a different finish and hue of gold than the rest of the badge, perhaps the rest of the badge had a refinish? Also, the soldering of the hinge is sloppy and there's also a hole at the bottom of the hinge sheet. A sloppy, perhaps messed with, original, or a fake?

/Henrik
    Attached Files

Is there anyone who has an opinion regarding this Wound Badge? No replies in the Imperial Forum either. Any opinon is appreciated!

/Henrik

Comment

Hi Henrik

Whats the base material? The badge have a very crude appearance but that might be ok, seen that on several WW1 wb's. The hardware on the back looks ok.

I am not a big fan of the green verdigris on the back, looks almost artificially aged

Cheers,
      Ronny

Comment

Hi Henrik,
        missed this one some how... Personally i would stay away from this type due to many things that give me a bad iffy feeling. Some of the issues i have with it is the pin which for me resembles the pin on the so called "Low Rim fake" and and it even seems to have a low as well. The high hinge is another Low Rim feature although this one is wider ... Ronny pointed out the verdigris which for me as well looks articially aged and this is something to ponder over - why verdigis AND rust on the same badge? To me it looks like Rust and not Gold i should add. I wouldn´t be surprised if the Low Rim fakes is behind this as well.
        Last edited by Hans N; 07-11-2020, 12:11 PM.
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X