Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/56 on E-stand

Hello Gents,

this one caught my eye and i feel it needs to be discussed.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1044412

Any opinions on its originality?
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Hi Hans,

Looks perfect to me! If that is a fake, we are in trouble.....

What issues are you seeing Hans?

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Its a fine example to me as well. I don't see anything wrong

Seb
      Attached Files
      The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
      Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
      www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Here's another I have in file.

Seb
        Attached Files
        The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
        Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
        www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Hi guys,

perhaps it´s me being paranoid but i have never seen these anomalies/flaws on any of the L/56´s i have seen before. And i have seen a lot of them
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

At first sight I would also say there is nothing wrong with the badge. But Hans is indeed pointing out some weird anomalies/flaws. Could it be an extremly well made fake? I am really on the fence with this one... but still tend to say it is an original.

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

Hi guys,

Here is a comparison with my L/56. Zooming close in, I see all the same features Hans circled on the Badge in Question, but on mine they aren't as pronounced. So the detail is actually better on the Badge in Question which tells me it is an earlier production.

The maker mark on the Badge in Question also looks better struck and with more distinct features compared to mine. I think we are just looking at an earlier production example here.

If it is a fake, how does the fake acquire better detail than the badge it is copied from?

Tom
              Attached Files
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Mm
                Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have to agree with you there.
                  It is indeed highly unlogical that a fake would have better details thann the original.
                  Regarding the better detail it is IMO indeed safe to say that the badge would have been produced earlier, therefore the die would get more worn out and less detailed after each production run.

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

Hi Tom,

if the badge in question is better detailed then why so many flaws present? There are more than just those that i pointed out. And yet the missing dots present on the one you state is earlier?

The MM pics shows that your own badge has the "roof" on the 5 lower than the badge in question

Different dies?
                    Last edited by Hans N; 05-07-2020, 05:21 AM. Reason: grammar
                    Regards
                    Hans N

Comment

Hi guys,

Hans, all the raised flaws you point out appear on my badge, just not as distinct. That makes me think the die that created mine was more worn down than the one that is in question and therefore is later.

Where do you see missing dots?

As far as the maker mark, you can see on mine where the top of the "5" was higher at some point. My maker mark looks a little misstruck, like the reverse die bounced making the details not as distinct.

Tom
                      Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Tom,

highlighted the missing dots on the pic. IMO flaws/damages on a die usually tend to get worse with use and time. Like those we see on the Souval IAB in the bayonet handle area.
                        Attached Files
                        Regards
                        Hans N

Comment

Hi guys

I don't really have an issue with this badge
                          It might only be a angle and how the light hit the badge
                          non of the pictures is straight on

Here is my badge for comparison

Cheers,
                          Ronny
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
                            Hi Tom,

highlighted the missing dots on the pic. IMO flaws/damages on a die usually tend to get worse with use and time. Like those we see on the Souval IAB in the bayonet handle area.
                            Hi Hans,

Here is a closeup compare with my L/56, they look identical to me.

Tom
                            Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X