Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘65’ K&Q Black Wound Badge

Hello guys,

Hoping to get some opinions on this BWB and if it’s original. Thinking of picking it up as my first. On the rear close-up picture, there is what looks like “bubbling” but I assume this is just because it’s zinc?.

Pictures attached below.

Cheers

Will
    Attached Files

Hello Will,
    This example is considered the "small maker mark" version by Klein & Quenzer.
    It is original. I would say that the "bubbling" that you are seeing is just dust in the paint job.
    Examples by this maker can be found that are marked 3 times on the inside.
    Here is my example to compare.
    Ralph.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Will,

Nice original K&Q for me as well, in really nice condition. The black finish is good to me, but not typically bubbling from zink. Rather it appears to be particles in the finish, like dust as Ralph says. Nice example for your first one, I suspect it won't be your last

Nice example too Ralph, thanks for showing.

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi

Looks good to me to, btw the badge is made of steel

I have a few variants by this maker but I dont think I have this variant got to have a look

Cheers,
        Ronny

Comment

I like it

Alejandro

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I know its a rather common badge but I like K&Q and have been looking for a nice example for a while now.

Regarding the bubbling- at first I really wasn't sure but I could tell from looking at many other BWB's that it didn't look like it had been repainted. Furthermore, most commonly I really only see the eastern front medals with the "zinc bubbling".
            @Thomas & Ralph, looking at it again, it does look like it is small particles of dirt under the paint job so I would expect that this is the case!

I went ahead and got the BWB

Thanks guys. p.s. Nice example,Ralph. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Will

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X