• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollow Back

440C93FE-6588-491F-A325-CBCE3A10FBF5.jpg

039FA5E0-BD65-4DEF-8D7A-0E7D9D82B5A1.jpg

Aloha All,
    Need your help with three hollow back wound badges. Are these all Black Wound Badges with the paint removed from the Silver (marked 107) and Gold WBs or just reproductions?

Mahalo, Stay Safe and Healthy
    Rodney

Hi Rodney,

Imo your black is fine and not messed with but as you suspect the "silver" and the "gold" are both stripped blacks. I'm guessing the "silver" 107 is steel? Looks like it may have had a spray of silver paint applied to the front and then removed from the swas as well. Both of the stripped badges at least appear original.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Mahalo Mike,
      Good to hear they are originals, especially the Black Wound Badge not being messed with. To bad the other two had their paint removed.

Aloha,
      Rodney

Comment

Hello Rodney,

Nice badges. I think the cleaned badges are fine too, most of the black badge you see today is missing some or all of their original black surface. (some of my black ones in picture below)

This is IMO what started the myth of the hollow silver and gold badges. Now nearly every dealer have a cleaned balck wound badge on sale as a hollow sliver or gold, at ten times the price of a ordinary not cleaned black badge.

Rasmus
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rodney,

I can only agree, all 3 fine originals, but as mentioned the silver and gold are merely stripped black grades unfortunately.

Tom
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

9E8A60BD-4D39-4EAA-99D6-3173C90857A1.jpg

Mahalo Rasmus and Tom!
            Good to get more confirmation that the other two are originals just with the black paint removed. I took a closer look on the back of the silver WB and you guys are right, there are very small specks of black paint.

Funny, I bought all three hollow back stamped Wound Badges at a local miliaria/gun show many many years ago when there was no internet or forums. If I remember, these were being sold as original stamped Black, Silver and Gold Wound Badges.

Rasmus, that some nice Wound Badges!!!....

Aloha, Keep Safe and Healthy...
            Rodney

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X