Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWB - Glaser & Sohn?

Hi guys,

Here is a recent pick up from the SOS, I believe it is a Glaser & Sohn in my files however I am not really sure how the connection to Glaser was made? The unique features of this example is the large berry above the left sword tip, not many WBs share this same obverse design feature. Glaser indeed has a berry in this location, but their design has one on the opposite side above the right sword tip whereas this BWB doesn't. Have a misidentified it? The reverse harware setup is relatively unique in particular the catch which has a diagnol straight edge at its base, do we know of any marked examples with this type of catch?

Thanks for the help guys.

Tom
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Hi Tom

Sorry but this is a fake see this thread
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=957682&page=2

I call this "turtle fake" because of the low height of the helmet from the top to the bottom edge, look like a turtle

I will make some scans tomorrow on some black badges with the Glaser & Sohn design

Cheers,
    Ronny

Comment

Oh oh, thats not good! Would certainly explain my confusion on the obverse design and why I couldn't find an exact match with original badges. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately the day you posted that warning about this exact fake I was at the SOS and as luck would have it, got burned one at the show!

Would you mind posting a few of the examples you mention above with the same design and marked 30, etc?

Thanks for the help Ronny, hope these threads will help others stay away from this fake!

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Tom

Here are some badges attributed to Glaser & Sohn
        haven't seen any one with a makers mark yet

Souval also used a similar design on post war badges
        but they are easy to spot if you know what to look for
        Attached Files

Comment

Souval fake

There are a dent in the visor "1" and a dent in the rim "2"
          And the bow is wrong, the inside of the bow almost looks like a chew bone for a dog, and almost all have the souval catch

Cheers,
          Ronny
          Attached Files

Comment

Quite old runner fake from German origin...
            sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X