Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Unmarked Wound badge in Silver

Hi guys,

Could you help me out with the maker of this Wound badge in Silver?
    It's a unmarked piece with a missing catch.
    The helmet rim has a bit different design than most of the badges and the rear rivet is missing.

Thanks.

Marco
    Attached Files

Hi Marco,

compare it with this one
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi Hans,

Not the same. Look at the rivets for a start - or in the case of the imo original and worn badge in question, the absence of rear rivet. Many other differences too. Maybe you attached the wrong image?

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike,

i was in a hurry and was a bit too fast with my judgement here
        Regards
        Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi guys,

The best match I can find is Wilhelm Schroeder. Here is an example from RonR's great collection. The dot pattern and the leaf detailing seems to match perfectly, its really the only other WB maker I can find with the same type of unique dot pattern like we see on Marcos. But its not an exact match, in particular the lack of top laurel berry at the top of the wreath and the lack of rear helmet bolt.

Nice looking badge Marco, too bad its missing its catch, I think we could have had some clues as to the maker if it were present. The hardware on the Wilhelm Schroeder example shown below seems to be a good match to the pin tool marks and the similar block hinge.

Tom
          Attached Files
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Of particular note are the unique way the dots blend into the swords. They don't follow the sword blades like on the majority of wound badges. I have only seen this on Wilhelm Schroeder Wound badges. Any other maker that you guys know of with dot patterns like this?

Tom
            Attached Files
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks Thomas, this very well could be a matching example.
              I think the shape of the helmet (rim) matches the example I've posted.
              I found another example on the internet which was sold on Epic artifacts.
              It's the same design with the catch still present.

I don't have a Wilhelm Schroeder WB in my collection to compare with.
              I've also checked my database but couldn't find any maker with this dot pattern.

Marco
              Attached Files
              Last edited by limburgsejager; 03-04-2020, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Hi Marco,

Nice work finding that other example from Epic. Seeing that particular catch is very exciting and makes perfect sense because that is most certainly used on Ludenscheid based makers like GWL and Deumer, etc. Wilhelm Schroeder was located in Ludenscheid so I think we have a solid connection here to this maker.

Can you post all the pics from Epic?

Very exciting discovery here.

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi guys!

It makes in a way more sense but as you said Tom but not an exact match and there are numerous makers we don´t even know of or can match to makers on known paper packets out there.

You non-europeans need to start and learn to spell right
                  It´s Schröder not Schroeder

Posting my BWB for reference
                  Attached Files
                  Regards
                  Hans N

Comment

Hi Thomas,

Here are the 2 remaining pictures (1 and 3 are the same).
                    I was searching for a 130 marked SWB, but I don't know if Wilhelm Schröder ever made marked Silver ones. I also saw the thread with the marked BWB from Ronny.R.

It's nice to know it makes sence with 'the Ludenscheid catch'

Marco
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are all the pics from the site
                      Attached Files
                      Regards
                      Hans N

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the additional pics.

Hans, do you know of any other WB maker with this similar dot pattern? I've seen a few with the dots blending in the opposite direction, but only Schroeder has the dots blending the same way as the silver one that started this thread. In my files atleast, which are certainly not complete by any stretch.

Thanks

Tom

p.s., Schröder and Schroeder are the same thing
                        Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Turns out I ended up having an unmarked Silver.

Regards
                          Mike
                          Attached Files
                          Regards
                          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Tom,

no i don´t know other makers with the same design but then again my main focus has been maker marked badges. It´s has been only the last 12 months or so that i have been hunting variants marked as well as unmarked.
                            Regards
                            Hans N

Comment

Thanks for checking Hans.

Nice example Mike, thanks for posting your nice worn one.

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X