Latest to my collection... of fakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest to my collection... of fakes

Today i recieved this badge from our member M3A1Mats for free which i have now the opportunity to "disect". These comes with a wide range of different maker marks but for some reason i can not find the old post about them. Thank you Mats!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hans N; 02-28-2020, 07:52 PM.
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Glad it arrived safely! I think most people would fall for this one if you don't have it in hand.
    It weighs 42grams while normal silver badges weigh between 25 and 35grams, later war ones being the lighter on that scale,

Mats

Comment

Hi Mats,

yes it is very heavy indeed! It was my first reaction when i got in my hand.
      Thanks again my friend!

Here are the links old topics of these badges which as i perviously said comes in a wide variaty of maker marks on them and so far these are known today - An unmarked one, 4, 13, 21, L/12, L/50, 134 and now this L/61 that Mats sent me

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=733060

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=826847
      Last edited by Hans N; 02-29-2020, 05:52 AM.
      Regards
      Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

2 Additional scans that i couldn´t post yesterday
        Attached Files
        Regards
        Hans N

Comment

The first time i spotted one of these fakes was back in 2008 on a german dodgy dealers site and after that they have evolved with different variations.

I will post the ones that i have in my files to show all the for me known ones. Most of them can be found posted at this forum previously

First up is a unmarked one
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Hans N; 02-29-2020, 06:16 AM.
          Regards
          Hans N

Comment

This is the first one i spotted in 2008. Maker marked 4
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Hans N

Comment

Maker marked 13
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Hans N

Comment

Attached Files
                Regards
                Hans N

Comment

Attached Files
                  Regards
                  Hans N

Comment

L/12 and L/50
                    Attached Files
                    Regards
                    Hans N

Comment

Thats a nasty bunch of badges!

Still looking for one myself to put in the fake bin

Good post Hans, this will help many collectors avoiding this fake

Cheers,
                      Ronny

Comment

Hi Hans,

I can only agree with Ronny, a nasty fake. Looks to be based on the "30" style but with rounded swas arms. Nice hardware variations employed. Ironically, this badge would be most dangerous UNmarked.

Regards
                        Mike
                        Regards
                        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Hans,

Great thread, thanks for showing this very dangerous fake and some of its counterparts. No doubt one that would fake many collectors, especially at shows where the lighting is typically not good. Decent looking reverse hardware setup, I can see what it would be a good fake to dissect in hand. Looks like some good shear marks on the edges, another features that makes this one quite dangerous.

Thanks to Mats for the nice gesture, way to support the hobby!

Tom
                          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hello Hans,

Nice thread.
                            Is all the badges heavy? About 42 grams.

I have the 21 marked badge it weighs 41 grams.

//Rasmus.

Comment

Hi Rasmus,

i haven´t the weight of them all but i strongly assume they all are over 41gr. They are identical without a doubt all the way down to certain vital details and made with the same die.
                              Regards
                              Hans N

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X