Ww1 wound badge real/fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ww1 wound badge real/fake

G’day guys, new to the forum and have a wound badge that I picked up on the weekend. I’m only new to collecting and I have my suspicions but wanted to be sure.
    Attached Files

You need to post the backside as well.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Luke,

Nice to see another Aussie collector around!

In addition to Don's pretty critical request, also advise if the badge is steel (magentic) or not.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hey mate, yep it seems we are few and far between. At least for German stuff from what I can tell. It won’t let me post another image for some reason so I will make another thread and post the link.

Also, the only part of the badge that is magnetic is the pin itself. I was under then impression that post war replacements were made from a variety of things due to the shortage of materials???
        Cheers mate

Comment

never mind I worked it out lol
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Luke,

From the pics/info provided I can't say it's a definite fake but from some of the weak obverse details (could be wear, at least in places), the hardware (especially that style of hinge on a plate) and combined with the basemetal, it's not one I would have bought.

Regards
            Mike
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X