Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wound badge document

Hi guys,
    Didn’t knew where to post this but regarding it’s a wound badge document, I try my chances here.
    It was delivered to me together with a low-rim fake wound badge. Do you guys think the document is fake too or is this a one good?

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance!

Bob
    Attached Files

For sure a good one! I like that it is signed by a Major and Bataillon commander. You may be able to research who this is,

Mats

Comment

Best thing to do is to follow Mats advice and research the major in question.

The unit did exist and it seems to match the stamp. The regiment belonged to 383. Infanterie-Division and existed between oct 1942 and june 1944 when it was destroyed
      Regards
      Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
      I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thanks Hans and Mats,

Never done this kind of research before but I will definitely give it a try!

Comment

I found the following info but I have trouble finding more about him.
          Appearantly, there also was a German actor named Walter Richter but I don't think it was the same person.

Richter, Walter: Received the German Cross in Gold on 17.04.1943 and was a Major, II./Gren.Rgt. 533 - 383. Infanterie-Division

Could that me the man who signed the document? I can't really get it out of the signature...

Comment

This is him!

http://www.balsi.de/HP-50-ID/Persone...ter-Walter.htm

He was indeed the Bataillonskommandeur.

" Direkt nach dem Polenfeldzug ist er wiederum Chef der 5./IR 121. Bis zu diesem Zeitpunkt hatte er bereits das EK II und EK I erhalten. Nach Beendigung des Frankreichfeldzugs wurde er von Oberst Eckkard von Geyso als Regimentsadjutant des IR 121 eingesetzt. In dieser Funktion verblieb er im Griechenlandfeldzug und am Anfang des Russlandfeldzugs.
            Im November 1941 wurde Richter auf der Krim Führer des II./IR 121 und vor Sewastopol verwundet. Nach seiner Genesung verließ er die 50. ID.
            Nachdem er wiederhergestellt ist, wird er ab Juli 1942 Bataillonskommandeur des II./IR 533 der Anfang 1942 auf dem Truppenübungsplatz Arys aufgestellten 383. Infanterie-Division, welche bei Woronesh und Orel in schwerem Kampf steht. Er erkrankt im März 1943 an Fleckfieber und muss ins Lazarett. Am 17. April 1943 wird ihm das Deutsche Kreuz in Gold verliehen.
            Nach seiner Gesundung wird er, inzwischen zum Major befördert, Regimentsführer des GR 681. "

English translation (Google):
            " Immediately after the Polish campaign, he was turned into chief of the 5th / IR 121. By then he had already received the EK II and EK I. After the end of the campaign in France, he was deployed by Colonel Eckkard von Geyso as a regimental adjutant of the IR 121. In this role he remained in the Greek campaign and at the beginning of the Russian campaign.
            In November 1941 Richter was wounded in the Crimea leader of II / IR 121 and before Sevastopol. After his recovery, he left 50th ID.
            After he was recovered, he became the battalion commander of the II./IR 533 from July 1942 of the 383rd Infantry Division, which was deployed at the Arys military training area at the beginning of 1942 and was in a difficult battle with Woronesh and Orel. He developed typhus in March 1943 and had to go to the hospital. On April 17, 1943, he was awarded the German Cross in Gold.
            After his recovery, he is now promoted to major, regimental leader of the GR 681. "

Comment

Very nice Bob! You just made your document a whole lot more interesting!

Thanks for sharing,

Mats

Comment

Unfortunately I can not find a wartime picture of him anywhere...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X