Set of three wound badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set of three wound badges

Hello everyone, found these items among some others at an estate sale in TX that kicks off today. I am in Minnesota and the estate sale manager has been communicating with me and sent me every photo I asked for. They had Jackson Armory in Dallas, TX come in and validate their items and I also called that dealer directly and spoke with them. They have these three wound badges that come as a set for $150. Price is form, as anything that doesn't sell will be purchased by above mentioned dealer and taken to SOS. Opinions? Concerns? Pricing?
    Attached Files

The Black badge looks a little "rounded", but overall looks ok. The silver, and gold look fine.

As far as pricing: badges in the same condition as the badges you're considering purchasing are usually priced as follows;

Black...$55-$65
    Silver...$80-100
    Gold...$100-150 (depending on who's selling it...)

Either way you look at it, for $150 that's a deal you can't beat!
    If you're comfortable with the purchase, I'd say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Grady Allen View Post
      The Black badge looks a little "rounded", but the silver, and gold look fine.

As far as pricing: badges in the same condition as the badges you're considering purchasing are usually priced as follows;

Black...$55-$65
      Silver...$80-100
      Gold...$100-150 (depending on who's selling it...)

Either way you look at it, for $150 that's a deal you can't beat!
      If you're comfortable with the purchase, I'd say go for it!
      Thanks! My only gripe is so much gold has rubbed off but to your point it's kind of a three for one. The black one does seem a *tad* smaller in that photo next to the silver.

Comment

Yeah, the finish on the gold is a little worn, but this exposes the zinc alloy the badge is made of giving support to it's originality. If it had all of it's finish I would be concerned... As far as size, they all look the same. I think the angle the photo was taken is why the Black badge seems smaller.
        Last edited by Grady Allen; 02-14-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the finish on the gold is a little worn, but this exposes the zinc alloy the badge is made of giving support to it's originality. If it had all of it's finish I would be concerned... As far as size, they all look the same. The Gold may appear smaller because it's in the case and separate from the others.
          Ah ok. I just thought in the last photo the black seemed smaller but it's probably just the angle. Thanks for your comments! I feel much more comfortable now. Not everything in a collection has to be mint!

Comment

"Mint" usually means Post-War, as I've learned the hard way... Just make sure that whatever you decide is your decision. Good Luck! and Happy Hunting!

Comment

"Mint" usually means Post-War, as I've learned the hard way... Just make sure that whatever you decide is your decision. Good Luck! and Happy Hunting!
              I think I'm gonna go for it! Assuming they answer the phone in a timely manner :-)

Comment

Nice looking set The shape of the bwb must just be perspective.
                For a zinc piece the gold one still has fair amount of finish left imo.
                Can't comment on the box,

Mats

Comment

$150!? I would go for them in a heart beat!

As for minty badges ... that comes down to the knowledge and why not post on the forum if one is uncertain. But on the other hand it might give me the opportuinty to get me some goodies if you skip them
                  Regards
                  Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                  I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Looks like a nice set and for $150 thats a steal
                    The case alone is $100
                    btw, the black badge is a S&L you can see the small 4 on the left side of the swastika

Cheers,
                    Ronny

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny.R View Post
                      Looks like a nice set and for $150 thats a steal
                      The case alone is $100
                      btw, the black badge is a S&L you can see the small 4 on the left side of the swastika

Cheers,
                      Ronny
                      Ah! I'm glad you noticed that. I was looking for a mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
                        $150!? I would go for them in a heart beat!

As for minty badges ... that comes down to the knowledge and why not post on the forum if one is uncertain. But on the other hand it might give me the opportuinty to get me some goodies if you skip them
                        Sorry I snatched these ones Was able to get these and a mother's cross in gold with original box and ribbon for $250. I had my eye on an Eastern Front Medal with original envelope for $50 but that got picked. They had a Luftwaffe Observer Badge for $250 with box (!!!) and that got picked before I realized what it was. There is another mother's cross in gold with box and ribbon still available for $100 an SA belt buckle, unissued KM buckle with leather tongue or whatever you wanna call it.

Comment

Originally posted by M3A1Mats View Post
                          Nice looking set The shape of the bwb must just be perspective.
                          For a zinc piece the gold one still has fair amount of finish left imo.
                          Can't comment on the box,

Mats
                          I think you're right about it being perspective! Guess we'll find out for sure when they arrive

Comment

Hey everyone, the set of three wound badges I posted about the other day have arrived and I wanted to share some better photos than what the estate seller sent me! I am pleasantly surprised that the gold wound badge actually maintains much more of it's coloring than I was led to believe.

Black - Maker 4 - Steinhauer & Lück

Silver - Maker L/18 - B.H. Mayer Pforzheim

Gold - Maker 65 - Klein & Quenzer AG
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's a very nice grouping for a really good price.
                              Nice to see the Silver is a L/18 Marked one.

Good catch!

Marco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X