Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Wound Badge Wilhelm Deumer marked -3-

Hi guys,

I would like to show you this Silver Wound badge.
    It's maker marked with a '3' like we know from the Deumer War Merit Cross 1st Class.

The Maker mark looks a little bit odd and this is, as far as I know, not a Deumer setup.

IMO this is a not a original Deumer medal, but I would like know your opinions...

I'm sorry for the bad pictures but this all I have at the moment.
    Attached Files

No, this is a staegemeir fake. Nothing Deumer would produce..

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Tom, Thanks for confirming my thoughts

If I'm correct, Deumer maker marked '3' examples do exist but are very scarce?

Marco

Comment

It´s a what looks like a genuine S&L badge with an added Deumer mark. Don´t look like a Staegemeir to me at all.

And yes there are "3" marked wound badges out there but scarce
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi Hans,

what do you think of these flaws?

Marco
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marco,

those can be found on both Staegemeir copys as well as original badges but on the copys i have seen has been very pronounced.
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi guys,

This thread is getting confusing, I think we need to start labeling which ones are fakes versus original.

I think there are mostly fakes in this thread, but Hans shows 1 or 2 that are original IMO.

Tom
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Tom,

first 2 are originals and the last 2 Staegemeir fakes. I posted them mearly to show the flaws on the reverse.
                Compare the 2 originals with the badge that Marco started with in this topic and look at the hinge pin for instance which is a detail Staegemeir
                so far has not got right this far AFIK. Marcos badge is an original with an added maker mark and then they smothened the surface around it which
                gives the lighter or should i say shiner spot
                Regards
                Hans N

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
                  Marcos badge is an original with an added maker mark and then they smothened the surface around it which
                  gives the lighter or should i say shiner spot
                  Hi Hans,

Thanks for posting some other examples and explaining which ones are fakes versus originals. I can only agree with these. However, I am 100% confident that Marco's example that started this thread is a Staegemier fake. Look at the crude cut out for the catch, this is typical stagemeir problem area. He can make a nice casting of an original badge, but when it comes to cleaning it up he fails. Cutout is very sloppy compared with original S&L badges. The exact style and shape of the "3" is also known from other Staegemeir fakes.

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

H Tom,

i stand corrected! It shure is a Stagemeir copy. This clearly shows why good scans/photos are a must.
                    A good call by you!
                    Regards
                    Hans N

Comment

Thanks Tom and Hans,

It's nice to know these Staegemeir fakes do exist. So if I understand correctly these badges can be identified looking at the catch? And in this case also on the bad maker mark..

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by limburgsejager View Post
                        Thanks Tom and Hans,

It's nice to know these Staegemeir fakes do exist. So if I understand correctly these badges can be identified looking at the catch? And in this case also on the bad maker mark..

Marco
                        Yes, that is correct Marco. Your original analysis was correct, good job recognizing this as a fake as its a pretty good one.

Tom

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi

One small thing to look for is the lack of tool marks on the fakes
                          in comparison to original badges

Cheers,
                          Ronny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X