L/10 hollow gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/10 hollow gold

Here is something interesting- I haven't seen one of these in some years- this type with the flaw to helmet rim and L/10 mark. I think only a handful are known and there was some suspicion regarding them many years ago.

In hand I can't find anything wrong with it - the setup is attached after gilding - the black stuff being solder flux which is typically this colour on period badges.

What are the current thoughts on this version please?
    Attached Files

Hi Patrick,

there are no change of thought regarding these. Not from me anway.

Ronny owns a planchet which was sold and bought as fake with the same anomalies as on your badge.
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

I came across another thread about this type:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...egemeir&page=3

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by limburgsejager View Post
        I came across another thread about this type:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...egemeir&page=3

Marco
        Thanks for posting it Marco!
        I was looking for that and another discussion of these but i didn´t manage to find any of them
        Regards
        Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

thanks Hans and Marco

I also struggle now to find anything on searching as the search function here is still messed up and pulls up every thread!

I recall seeing the 2 silver badges on the linked thread some years ago and like the patina on both of them.

I am not convinced theses are produced by Stegemaier as I don't see his usual trait of casting in these- they are stamped instead which is an awful lot harder to fake.

How many of these did he sell Hans?

If one or two then I could believe he didn't make them as he also sells some genuine material and mixes that with his fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post

I also struggle now to find anything on searching as the search function here is still messed up and pulls up every thread!
            I agree with that.
            That's why I try to make the Title of a Thread as clear as possible

I also noticed that there are almost no topics about fake Wound Badges in the Fake Gallery

Marco

Comment

Hi Patrick,

how many he has managed to sell is more or less impossible to tell due to the fact that has used varoius ways to sell his crap besides his own home page he also has an own auction site and there are some dealers he has managed to convince as well.
              Regards
              Hans N

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X