Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L woundbadge - Silver

Hi guys,

Here is an S&L wound badge in silver that I added to my collection last year. All the examples I ahve on file are pretty consitent with the "4" stamped into the middle of the pin. I am wondering though, how many variants do we know of for S&L woundbadges in silver? Please post your examples of different ones, would love to see how many we can come up with.

Thanks

Tom
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

NIce SWB Tom! Sadly both my SWB as well as the GWB i have are exactly the same as yours all the way to certain microscopic details.
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the reply, very nice S&L examples you have, very lovely condition.

I like the fact that we don't see any variation with these S&Ls, nice and consistent. So I guess S&L used the same die throughout the war for their BM Silver/Gold wound badges? I notice on all 3 of ours the same exact bumpy surface on the reverse, very consistent indeed.

Tom
      Attached Files
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

S&L eventually switched to zink, and they produced this variant with cast-in integral hinge and catch, with "4" marked on the pin.

Before this variant with cast-in hardware, do we know of any zink S&L solid badges that used the original die for the earlier tombak examples?

Thanks

Tom
        Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi Tom,

i can´t recall seing any other zinc type than the one you posted from S&L that i regard as war time. But there is a type which i regard as post war - from my reference files
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

I don't have pictures to post, but wasn't there an S&L variant (I believe only in zinc) that didn't have the 4 marked on the pin, but on the reverse under the catch?
            Dale

Comment

Nice one Tom

And yours of course Hans

I will post scans of a zinc variant "non integral setup" L/16
              later this week when I get back home

Cheers,
              Ronny

Comment

Originally posted by Stepdale View Post
                I don't have pictures to post, but wasn't there an S&L variant (I believe only in zinc) that didn't have the 4 marked on the pin, but on the reverse under the catch?
                Dale
                Same design as the zincer Tom posted with the intergraded hinge and catch
                Regards
                Hans N

Comment

Hi guys

Here are my Silver tombak 4
                  and silver zinc L/16, makers mark just above the catch

Cheers,
                  Ronny
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X