Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1918 Marine / Naval wound badge in Black

Hi Guys,

I would like to have some opinions on this 1918 Marine WBiB.
    The badge , hinge and catch are unmagnetic.

Thank you

Marco
    Attached Files

Hi Marco,

as you perhaps already know there Kriegsmarine WB´s are a minefield and the best way for me atleast is to try and compare the hardware to other awards and the hardware if one wants to be on the safe side. Very few are identified to known makers and there are no so many references out there either

I know my answer is not much of an help in regards of your badge but for me personally i would pass on it only due to the strange cutout on the hinge for the needles tention fot. This is a feature i have never seen before on any badge that i can recall.
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi Hans,

I know these types of wound badges are a minefield. I've gone through most of the threads of Naval badges on the forum and I could not find a similar type of catch on the ones posted.

I've bought this one along with some more Wound badges which I will post in the following days. The owner sold the Naval badge for a cheap price because he wasn't sure about the authenticity either.
      I will keep this one for now as a copy untill I have proof that it's a authentic one.

Thanks for your opinion

Marco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X