Sports Badge for War Disabl.-for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Badge for War Disabl.-for review

I would like to get your opinion about originality of this Sports Badge for War Disabled. It came with the early logo LDO case and de-nazified and damaged mini. Both pieces are marked "Wernstein Jena".
    Thank you in advance for your comments.
    Attached Files

Badge and stickpin are real. Case looks good, but I don't think these came in a case like that. Looks more like an E.K.1 case.

Comment

I agree with tgn: The DRL Sports Badge for War Wounded and it's miniature are original to the period, and the LdO case is, as well, though probably not for that badge. One doesn't see either the miniature or the LdO case often; thanks for sharing with us.

Br. James

Comment

Thank you very much, tgn and Br. James, for your comments !!!
        Unfortunately, this Sport Badge has left its "stamp" image on the top part of the case. Therefore it has to stay there for ever...
        Klaus

Comment

I did notice the impression on the case's lid lining, which may have been caused by this badge's higher silhouette than the case's original inhabitant. The DRL Sports Badge for War Disabled may be resident in this case for several decades, or even since the end of WWII, which would have been long enough to leave such a deep impression. As you said, it's best to leave this badge in this case!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            I did notice the impression on the case's lid lining, which may have been caused by this badge's higher silhouette than the case's original inhabitant. The DRL Sports Badge for War Disabled may be resident in this case for several decades, or even since the end of WWII, which would have been long enough to leave such a deep impression. As you said, it's best to leave this badge in this case!

Br. James
            Thank you for indicating the origin of deep impression of the badge on the case's lid. Sometimes it may be sign that case and badge do not belong to each other. I must say, I never thought about it.

Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X