No announcement yet.

Pair of Matching Golden Party Badges Belonging to SD Brigadeführer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After having originally been offered by Weitze at 2,300 EUR, then by Craig Gottlieb at $3,995, it is time that this set finds a loving home !

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
      Here's another matching set of interest.
      For Fuess collectors And Deschler collectors!

https://militarische.com/products/ns...e-matching-set
      Before considering to buy anything from this dealer/website please read the below thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...991966&page=11

Comment

IMHO, both of those GPBs in the matched set are fakes.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by br. James View Post
          imho, both of those gpbs in the matched set are fakes.

Br. James

20431 ?

Comment

I like fuess badges with deschler pinplates!

Comment

The 20431 small Fuess is an obvious fake. The large Deschler makes me scratch my head. It looks like it has good details front and back - number font is correct, leaves and enamel disc look good. A little rough, but the subtle distinguishing features of a large Deschler are there. It may be a fake Fuess was number paired to order with an original large Deschler to bump up the premium for a set (and sell a fake Fuess).

Comment

"20431 ?"

Yes, Andreas, both badges appear to have problems. I agree with what Stephen says below; my problem with the large Deschler piece is the red cloisonne enamel, which appears too dark to be translucent. Of course, that could be an artifact of the photograph used here... In that case, I also agree with Stephen that "...a fake Fuess was number paired to order with an original large Deschler to bump up the premium for a set (and sell a fake Fuess)." In any event, the Fuess-marked piece is definitely an example of "the Austrian Fake GPB."

Br. James

Comment

I don't really have an issue with either 20431.

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

They may have seen better days, and exhibit some pitting and other condition issues. But I am considering them original examples.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                    I don't really have an issue with either 20431.

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

They may have seen better days, and exhibit some pitting and other condition issues. But I am considering them original examples.
                    I agree.

Comment

I also concur. Both of the 20431 are good GPB.

Comment

I take it back. The Fuess is a good one too. My apologies. A look at the better photos on the Gotlieb site shows it has the proper lettering. The red enamel looked puffy and dark in the first link's photos (may be replaced - some of the white clearly was). It has had severe polishing / grinding to the front that has distorted the letters, but underneath it is a good badge.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                          I take it back. The Fuess is a good one too. My apologies. A look at the better photos on the Gotlieb site shows it has the proper lettering. The red enamel looked puffy and dark in the first link's photos (may be replaced - some of the white clearly was). It has had severe polishing / grinding to the front that has distorted the letters, but underneath it is a good badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X