Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic cross 2nd class opinions please

Hi Guys,

I have this rather nice looking medal and just wanted to get it checked out please?

Many thanks for any opinions

Patrick
    Attached Files

olympic

hello patrick
    for my opinion GOOD!
    best regards
    patrick

Comment

thanks Patrick, my thoughts also

Comment

Nice original!
        I have the same type on this clasp..
        Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately this type of cross was outed as a fake over on GCA.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            Unfortunately this type of cross was outed as a fake over on GCA.

Stan

Is this one of Matthew's crusades again ? Usually it's merely his opinion/hypothesis not proof, can you give details here for those of us who have no access to that forum ?

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Ian, I've been reading Matthew's comments over the years and perceive them as serious research. You apparently don't, which calls for the question: why would you even be bothered with what he has to say? Assumption is the mother of all fxxk ups, why don't you check out the content on "the other forum" .

cheers
              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
                Ian, I've been reading Matthew's comments over the years and perceive them as serious research. You apparently don't, which calls for the question: why would you even be bothered with what he has to say? Assumption is the mother of all fxxk ups, why don't you check out the content on "the other forum" .

cheers
                Peter

Hi Peter, Matthew launched a personal vendetta against myself for no reason on another forum ... I found him to be both articulate and intelligent but boy did he get twisted up really quickly.

I have an example of the award in question and these have been considered textbook for many years ... I do not have enough money in it for that to effect my opinion either way. IF it has been done correctly then fine.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Hi Ian,

I hear you, the discussion techniques of Matthew has been seen as an obsticle by many, but I don't mind the input from many and try to see beyond that. At the end of the day, it's the overall picture that forms my opinions.

As for textbook: collecting is an ongoing process and also subjected to revisions due to new findings. The lack of inquisitive questions in reference to this thread is noteworthy, but that's just me

cheers
                  Peter

Comment

Hi Ian,

I think that most Olympic cross collectors will by now have read the thread over on GCA.

However, two easy ways to spot these is the cracked Olympic Rings where they are riveted to the cross and secondly, the fact that they have new ribbons instead of the confected ribbon with a pin.

Stan

Comment

the fact that they have new ribbons instead of the confected ribbon with a pin.

Stan

IF they were fake wouldn't it have been very simple and cheap to make them comply with this ? What about the awards supplied to be mounted to parade bars ... did they have to be stripped down first ?

Couldn't the rivets of one manufacturer or their riveting technique cause these cracks ?

I'm just saying that what has been presented is hardly 'Champagne decals' standard of proof.

Ian

Comment

Ian,

I said that there were two easy ways to spot the fakes but there are of course more.

You really need to read the GCA thread.

Stan

Comment

Ian,

I said that there were two easy ways to spot the fakes but there are of course more.

You really need to read the GCA thread.

Stan

Ok mate, thanks for the info as always.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X