What is this pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this pin?

I can not find this on any tinnie thread.

An porcelain pin to honor Reichs Mothers Day.

form Emma Anderson...

"Germany's Muttertag is a bit more questionable in its origins than most other countries: it was started by florists and co-opted by Nazis. In the 1920s, Germany was experiencing a declining birthrate, which some attributed to the fact that more women were now in the labour force given increased industrialization, the economic downturn after the First World War and urbanization.
    It became a time of heated discussion about the role of women in society.
    Concerns about the lack of babies made the idea of honouring women for their role as mothers popular, writes author Michelle Mouton in the book From Nurturing the Nation to Purifying the Volk.
    Soon support grew for a Mother's Day like one already celebrated in the US and other countries - but most vocal of the concept's supporters may not be surprising: The German Association for Flower Shop Owners.

The group's leader, Dr. Rudolf Knauer, was a huge advocate of the day, proclaiming that “the inner conflict of our Volk and the loosening of the family” had inspired him to introduce the day at flower stores.
    He said it could reunite the politically divided and economically struggling nation.
    Knauer created a Committee of Mother's Day and by 1923, Mother's Day was celebrated with flower shop windows displaying signs reminding people to “Honour the Mother”, according to the book Gender History as Society's History by Karin Hausen."

Made in both stickpin and pinback....mine is missing the pin.......

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have not got this in hand yet but the photos sent were missing a lot of the black lettering. That is it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X