DRL War Disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRL War Disabled

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST A REPLY PLEASE DO SO IN THE OTHER THREAD, SEE BELOW>>>

Hello to one and all. I was at the local Militaria show today, canvasing for some nice cased EK1's sorry to report that I didn't find any that I liked, but I did happen upon this little fellow. I have been doing some research here on this maker for this badge (War wounded) and seem to be coming up empty handed... Lots of photos on Wernstein and Jena badges but none on this little fellow. It is raised relief marked Ernst L Muller Pforsheim and DRGM 35269. Pardon the pic, I took it with my scanner....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airborne Nut; 04-17-2005, 06:47 PM.

Back... The back is actually a silvery color all over, the Bronze looking area is because the badge is a bit dirty and the scanner is exagerrating this dirt. In real life this bronzy look is not there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airborne Nut; 04-17-2005, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Here are some links I have visited in hopes to find a badge similar to this, but alas, here I am...

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...rl+war+wounded

Any help from the DRL guys, on this one. It is Identical to the construction of the Bronze version listed below... Here is the Bronze I found on the site....

Comment

Here is a Front to Front Comparison between the Wounded and the Bronze...
        Attached Files

Comment

Back Comparison.. They look identical to me even the pin set up and MM's are bank on... Including the little targeting box for the Catch placement... Notice the "3" and hte "2" Identical in both examples...
          Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting Shane. Looks like a match to maker's. I have a DRL War Wounded Wernstein Jena maker myself, and I have seen a few more Wernstein's posted here too, this one is a first for me ....

Comment

Thanks Darrel, the more I look at the Pics to compare the more I like it. Not that I am overy concearned about this piece, but with this maker there are less photos around so it is more difficult to do a comparrison. Anyone else have any photos of this Maker in any grade of badge... I assume they all came off the same press....

-Shane

Originally posted by h009291
              Very interesting Shane. Looks like a match to maker's. I have a DRL War Wounded Wernstein Jena maker myself, and I have seen a few more Wernstein's posted here too, this one is a first for me ....

Comment

You just need to be careful that the badge isnt a Gold painted over with Silver of the DRL and reverse. Note that the entire reverse should be silvered.

It looks pretty shiney on the reverse shot, almost like its gilded bronze color. Could be the flash of camera though

Comment

Thanks Darrel, I know my scanner did not do this piece justice on this one. The entire reverse is silver, and in fact I don't know why the scanner made it look like it was bronzy shiny? The back of the badge is pretty dirty, I can rub the gunk off with my finger (eww) and I think that is what is making it look bronzy. It is defenitely Silver on the reverse 100%

Originally posted by h009291
                  You just need to be careful that the badge isnt a Gold painted over with Silver of the DRL and reverse. Note that the entire reverse should be silvered.

It looks pretty shiney on the reverse shot, almost like its gilded bronze color. Could be the flash of camera though

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
                    Thanks Darrel, I know my scanner did not do this piece justice on this one. The entire reverse is silver, and in fact I don't know why the scanner made it look like it was bronzy shiny? The back of the badge is pretty dirty, I can rub the gunk off with my finger (eww) and I think that is what is making it look bronzy. It is defenitely Silver on the reverse 100%
                    My scanner does the same thing. You have probably seen the pics of my Gold SA. Looks over exposed when taken with my scanner, but by digital camera looks pretty nice. Maybe reflects on my crappy scanner quality

I'll do a little digging to see what I can find out about that maker.

P.S. .... you may want to move this down to "Tinnies and Political Organizations" before Rick Research comes walking along .... he like's to scream alot when he sees these threads in this section

Comment

Hi Shane!

Can't tell you much about your badge, but it was nice meeting you at the show today.

Stephane

Comment

You too Stefane, it is always nice to put a name to a Face.

Moderator my sincere apologies for placing this in the wrong forum. When I searched past threads I saw that some were posted here so this is where I posted. Please move if necessary.

-Shane

Originally posted by Stephane
                        Hi Shane!

Can't tell you much about your badge, but it was nice meeting you at the show today.

Stephane

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 04-17-2005, 09:18 PM. Reason: pointless

Comment

Thanks Rick, It was not a search in the wrong forum, it IN FACT WAS just a search in general (Meaning on all forums, if I knew where to look for the DRL series I WOULD HAVE POSTED THERE INSTEAD OF HERE!!!, thus I was searching all threads looking for any reference on this badge... My APOLOGIES.

-Shane

Originally posted by Rick Research
                            Wrong Forum. Please move to Tinnies, Political and

SPORTS.

Yes, it DOES matter-- try "search" in the WRONG FORUM and you get (of course) NOTHING from the back pages. That is the entire point of sorted Forums.
                            Last edited by Airborne Nut; 04-17-2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

As per request, this topic has been moved to...
                              http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...119#post865119

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X