Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased AH Plaque - good/bad?

Gents,

I've got this cased plaque recently and will appreciate comments of authenticity on this.

After I purchased this cased plaque it has come to my knowledge that there might be an issue with the inscription on the back. Unfortunately I forgot where I read it (found it late at night and forgot to bookmark the page ) hence I ask here to find out wether it's good or bad.

Some physical description on the plaque:

Weight: approximately 302 grams
    H: 14 cm
    W: 9,5 cm
    Thickness: Variable - the edge measures between 4,0 - 4,4 mm.
    Material: It appears to be made of brass...not sure though!
    Maker: F. Vogel / W. Barmen

Cheers,
    Carsten
    Attached Files

Hinge and catch on the case...
    Attached Files

Comment

Obverse of the Plaque...
      Attached Files

Comment

Artist/Makers mark on reverse...
        Attached Files

Comment

And the text on the reverse that is buggin me...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Herr_Flick
            And the text on the reverse that is buggin me...
            Hello,
            I'm certainly no expert on these items,I have one and have seen a few but this item looks okay to me. In Angolia's book book "For Fuhrer & Fatherland Political & Civil Awards of the Third Reich" he does mention of the text on back saying it was given in the name of the Fuhrer and that sometimes part of the inscription referring to the officlal nature of the award is eliminated on the reverse. Mine also does not have that part of the inscription as mentioned. I will say I believe I have seen what I think are fakes of this item but they seemed to be a bit smaller and somewhat pliable. My plaque is by a different maker but same dimensions as yours and mine is bronze,not sure of it's weight. Can't really say about the case, mine is somewhat different than yours. Would like to hear what the going rate is for these items. your piece looks good to me...but again IMO
            Duzig

Comment

Hi Duzig

Thanks for Your reply - much appreciated! In the meanwhile I've seen one at Tarnmilitaria, and that one got the same inscription but different material (bronce I belive) and Maker/Artist mark.

Since the Maker/Artist mark is different and the metal on my example seems to be brass (the letters on the back are gold alike shiny wich my digicam can't reproduce...or the idiot behind the digicam can't figure out how to - I should say ) I still have mixed feelings about the plaque...if only I had bookmarked that link I saw with the known reproduction

Regarding the value...I belive a cased minty example would go for approx $400-500 at a dealer these days.

Cheers,
              Carsten

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X