Clear All

Nuremberg 1933 Badge

Hi , I would appreciate your opinion on this badge
    Thanks
    Attached Files

+1
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me-typically repaired as these particular badges were prone to having the pins break off.
      Troy

Comment

I agree -- especially regarding these solid examples of the '33 RPT Badge, which were comparatively heavy, and those who attended this first NSDAP Congress gathering of the Third Reich Era apparently wore their badges for quite a while after the event.

Br. James

Comment

Thank you guys for your help

Comment

The bronze looks quite crisper than the sliver one.

Comment

Andreas' eyesight is sharp as ever! Is there any further information about the silver '33 RPT Badge...perhaps anything on the reverse? Thanks to you, chahler!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                I agree -- especially regarding these solid examples of the '33 RPT Badge, which were comparatively heavy, and those who attended this first NSDAP Congress gathering of the Third Reich Era apparently wore their badges for quite a while after the event.

Br. James
                Hi Br. James, its been a while...

Wasnt the RPT 33 tinnie (like the 29 RPT & the 31 Streffen) granted the status of "official Party decoration" ? Since they could be worn all the time it would explain some of wear and the need to keep making them after the events to satisfy demand as the event originals got damaged or lost.

JC

Comment

Hi JC -- always good to hear from an old friend -- no age insinuation here!! And yes, the '33 RPT Badge was worn beyond the August/September dates of the 1933 RPT, showing respect for the first Party Congress of the Third Reich, though this badge did not have the position of the '29 RPT or the '31 SA Treffen Badge, which still held their classification as official decorations of the NSDAP at the end of WWII.

Hope the New Year is good to you and your collections, my friend! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for the clarification James. I tought that the 33 RPTS enjoyed the same decoration status as the other 2. Still, despite the rather fragile pin set up a quality, massive bronze badge that could outlive most tinnies & a lot of war badges/decorations that came after it

Regards

JC

Comment

Hi JC,

I went back and checked the 1943 edition of the "Organisationsbuch der NSDAP" -- the final of the seven editions of that title -- and only the '29 RPT Badge and the '31 SA Treffen Badge were present there. It may be that one or more of the six earlier versions of this book, which was first published in 1936, may have carried the '33 RPT Badge as an official NSDAP decoration, but by '43 it was gone from that classification.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        Hi JC,

I went back and checked the 1943 edition of the "Organisationsbuch der NSDAP" -- the final of the seven editions of that title -- and only the '29 RPT Badge and the '31 SA Treffen Badge were present there. It may be that one or more of the six earlier versions of this book, which was first published in 1936, may have carried the '33 RPT Badge as an official NSDAP decoration, but by '43 it was gone from that classification.

Br. James
                        Dont worry, I dont doubt you for a second James, I was just misinformed

Thanks again for your time & the clarification

JC

Comment

The 33RPT badge was a traditions badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X