Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickpin ID Help Please

Hi All,
    I'm usually a decent researcher but this one has stumped me.

The seller called it a Kyffhäuser League stickpin, but I'm not convinced. It looks more like Schutzen Bund or Schutzen Verband, but I haven't found an exact match yet.

Thanks in advance, Justin
    Attached Files

I agree with your assessment. The eagle appears to hold a globe and a twig in its claws, this may be significant.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
      I agree with your assessment. The eagle appears to hold a globe and a twig in its claws, this may be significant.
      Those are a scepter and an orb-and-cross; also note the crown. This is a heavily stylized version of the eagle from the Prussian coat-of-arms.
      Last edited by HPL2008; 01-11-2019, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Justin,

Your stickpin is from a TR era shooting club, or Schuetzenverein. This exact eagle with crossed rifles design can be found on shooting medals from the period, though, most are found not clutching the orb and scepter. These club pins and medals are most often found without a swastika, too, and are a bit more difficult to find. So yours has two unique things going for it which makes it that much better as a collectible item. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bill W.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X