Gpb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gpb

Need some help with this 30mm badge, looked through the forum and a page I found to a link to "NSDAP Golden Party Badge"
    The front looks good and the back seems to have all the markings it should of an original

thanks in advance for the help

Mike
    Attached Files

Hi Mike,

The badge you show is indeed a Golden Party Badge of the larger size, intended for wear on a uniform as opposed to with civilian dress. I'm sorry to say that the number carried on the reverse of this badge is not presently identified on my list of GPB holders, so if you find out who this badge belonged to, I would very much appreciate knowing the name of that person.

With thanks for sharing this with us,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Hi Mike,

The badge you show is indeed a Golden Party Badge of the larger size, intended for wear on a uniform as opposed to with civilian dress. I'm sorry to say that the number carried on the reverse of this badge is not presently identified on my list of GPB holders, so if you find out who this badge belonged to, I would very much appreciate knowing the name of that person.

With thanks for sharing this with us,

Br. James
      Thanks for taking a look at it, I have one more for opinions,
      I don't have as much confidence in it as this one as far as being original
      Any ideas?

thanks again
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello. This badge is in no way original judging from the photos. The number fonts are wrong and if my eyes don’t deceive me there is a faint number scratch as well. Plus the golden finish is no where close to an original. Regards Martin.

Comment

Looks like someone took Brasso to the first one and ruined the gilding and silver lettering. Second example is a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
            Looks like someone took Brasso to the first one and ruined the gilding and silver lettering. Second example is a fake.
            I agree.

Comment

I also agree, Mike: the finish of your first-shown GPB has been compromised over the decades, though that badge is original to the period. The second badge is simply a fake.

Br. James

Comment

I had to look twice at the large Deschler - the red enamel is very dark and the back is as well. Straight-on, well-lit photos of front and back would be interesting.

Comment

Nope, sorry. I think the enamel section for the large GBP is not original while the base disc may stand a chance.
                  Last edited by tk99; 12-07-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

That's why I'd like to see a full on shot in good light.

Comment

Both fake, IMO. The base of the large may have a chance, though.
                      Last edited by der-hase-fee; 12-08-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hi guys
                        I didn't get the badge, it sold for $400, due to the condition that was a little high for me. I think better pics would help for sure. It looked original to me but again I don't have a lot of knowledge on these
                        Thanks
                        Mike

Comment

The "Z" on the first badge tells the story 😎

Comment

Originally posted by salzmann View Post
                            The "Z" on the first badge tells the story 😎

Comment

I can see basis for the objections stated here and look forward to viewing better photos of the obverse of the first badge shown below.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X