SA TREFFEN 1931 Tinny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA TREFFEN 1931 Tinny

Had this tinny in pin back but never in screw back. Is it right? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Interesting modified piece, I can't tell if it was period repaired or not. The badge is a nice original, although the silver wash has mostly gone.

Mil

Comment

I like these modified badges. Nice!

Comment

Were these screwbacks made from a particular manufacturer? To me, they look very identical to those in Iron crosses or the CB screw back, although there were other forms of screw backs such as the scallop-type used in iron crosses or the wing-nut type.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
          Were these screwbacks made from a particular manufacturer? To me, they look very identical to those in Iron crosses or the CB screw back, although there were other forms of screw backs such as the scallop-type used in iron crosses or the wing-nut type.

Mil
          My guess is that this piece was jeweler modified. The original owner must have been proud of his badge due to him going to the extra expense of having a custom attachment added when the pin broke.

Comment

That "rust" on the reverse of the screw plate looks very odd to me.
            Pete

Comment

A very unusual version of this popular badge; don't recall seeing one previously. I do agree with Erich's take on this piece: "The original owner must have been proud of his badge due to him going to the extra expense of having a custom attachment added when the pin broke." These second-issue S-A Treffen Braunschweig badges are usually seen with the manufacturer's name and city of location die-stamped onto the pin plate and since it is the pin plate that is attached to the reverse of the badge and is lost with the pin when it separates from the badge, one would not expect to find the manufacturer's name elsewhere on the badge.

Again, a very nice and rare piece; congrats!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Had it for more than 10 years I cannot recall where I’ve got it from.

Comment

I like a lot. You can rarely find a screw back modified version of this badge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X