Ein Volk Ein Reich Ein Fuhrer badge for opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ein Volk Ein Reich Ein Fuhrer badge for opinion

I'm being offered this badge for $100 and just wanted some thoughts. I have the "Party Badge" book but it doesn't go into detail at all on this Austrian badge.

I guess my main concern is the lack of white enamel.

Thoughts and opinions welcome. Thanks.

Never seen anything like it, but I have to admit, it does have real possibilities.

All of the enamel badges we see with this slogon usually have fake RZM marks and are clearly fantasies. I'm not sure where there is any evidence this is Austrian, but that is besides the point. The enamel and construction look period in my opinion.

I bet if you cleaned the badge in some tarnish remover, there is probably a white field under the gunk. If the badge is all enamel, and that's what it appears, the tarnish remover cannot hurt the badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
      Never seen anything like it, but I have to admit, it does have real possibilities.

All of the enamel badges we see with this slogon usually have fake RZM marks and are clearly fantasies. I'm not sure where there is any evidence this is Austrian, but that is besides the point. The enamel and construction look period in my opinion.

I bet if you cleaned the badge in some tarnish remover, there is probably a white field under the gunk. If the badge is all enamel, and that's what it appears, the tarnish remover cannot hurt the badge.
      Enamel under all that sludge.... I never actually thought of that but yeah maybe. But the enamel area looks awful textured similar to what these badges look like underneath before the smooth glossy enamel is added so I dunno. But you might be right.

As for my Austrian reference, the badges stating the slogan Ein Volk Ein Reich Ein Fuhrer can be attributed to the Anschluss period of early 1938 in Austria. Sorry if I gave the impression it was Austrian in origin.

Comment

The Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer badges existed but only without RZM marks. I have 5 different types. It is astonishing for me that the white enamel from the shown badge is missing but maybe it was really produced like that because I also own an Austrian badge with only Ein Volk, Ein Reich on which is no enamel at all but a type of coloured varnish as it seems.
        What disturbs me is the unusual pin plate which ought to have been replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard2 View Post
          The Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer badges existed but only without RZM marks. I have 5 different types. It is astonishing for me that the white enamel from the shown badge is missing but maybe it was really produced like that because I also own an Austrian badge with only Ein Volk, Ein Reich on which is no enamel at all but a type of coloured varnish as it seems.
          What disturbs me is the unusual pin plate which ought to have been replaced.
          Looking at the photo I can see you're right. It appears the pin plate may not be original as there looks to be solder there. Hmmmmm.... But you think the badge is original otherwise?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X