Weimar 10yr Erwache tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weimar 10yr Erwache tinnie

Re the thread containing this badge, thought I'd add some points in a seperate thread as the other one is for posting badges.

First the lettering at the bottom of the badge is not a "7" but rather the first initial of the designer or die cutters initials, on the first instance it looks like a "J" for jam but could be a Sutt. script "I" for igloo.

Here is a pic, sorry I always like to take pics. in daylight but it is dark here just now so poorer quality flash will have to do.

C
    Attached Files

Excellent

Thanks. Indeed it is as you say.
    -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Also Tieste notes 2 variations of this badge, namely bronze and silver, but I have one which is distictly gold finished.

The poor flash pic still shows the difference between this bronze and gold finish.

The bronze has the initials at the bottom gold does not, also on the reverses bronze has Werstein Jena going up the side, gold has Werstein Jena on the flag. This shows 2 different dies were used by the same maker for what is essentialy the same badge.

The gold is just a wash.

C
      Attached Files

Comment

Colin, my pin is bronze without the initals but is marked on the back of flag.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X