Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Party Organization Pin

Hello,
    I saw this at a show last week and the dealer had no idea what organization it came from. He didn't do forums, so I told him I would post it to see if anyone here knew. He bought it as part of a large collection and had no idea how to price it. I think the first photo shows it right side up, but I posted another just to be sure.
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

I also have one in my collection that came from house buy. I still do not know exactly what this is for. It has been discussed with no known organization as far as I know of. Nice and neat pin. TPK

Comment

Thanks for the info. I wish it had a maker name to it, which would at least answer where it came from. Hopefully someone can chime in with more info, but it may remain a mystery. Will definitely remain so to me since I can't even tell for sure what the letters are in the old style script. Anybody able to read it?

Comment

I don't believe I've ever seen this type of badge before, but from the information available on it's reverse, I would say that your left-hand photo has a standard look to it. This is based on the idea that pins were normally attached to the reverse of badges to be inserted into the fabric in a downward motion, with the pin retainer at the bottom of the setup. Also, "Ges. Gesch." is normally seen on badge reverses in a legible position, not usually upside-down, and this too would indicate the left-hand photo.

But this said, I have no idea as to what the two letters would represent, though this is an attractive and well-executed enamel design! I would imagine that our colleague, RonR, has a few examples of this badge in his collection and he probably knows what organization it represented!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks, I'll drop Ron a PM and see if he has anything on it.
          Dale

Comment

I read "N W" for the letters with the Hakenkreuz at the bottom.

Comment

Thanks, Pauke. I struck out on my limited research, but knowing the letters helped.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X