Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Membership Badges

Hi guys.

I have very little knowledge about these badges, if at all. But I like the appearance of them and will surely later try to get badges that looks untouched too.

Im about to buy these two badges but to start with, I would be very interested in to read your thoughts about these two.

Im sorry for the quality of the photos, but this is what I got.

Regards
    mathiass

They are both fine.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hi two well worn originals Kevin .

Comment

Thank you very much guys.

How many different variants of this type (text on) of NSDAP badge does it exist. I mean, one of these is made by zink and the other one has the enamel.

Regards
        mathiass

Comment

Originally posted by mathiass View Post
          Thank you very much guys.

How many different variants of this type (text on) of NSDAP badge does it exist. I mean, one of these is made by zink and the other one has the enamel.

Regards
          mathiass

Basically two versions: enameled copper alloy and painted zinc. The first one are the oldest group, the zinc badges came due war time shortages of copper.

Sometimes you also find enameled iron (magnetic) and the use of red opaque enamel instead of stippled transparant red enamel. And then you also have a few different sizes….
          Attached Files
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
            Basically two versions: enameled copper alloy and painted zinc. The first one are the oldest group, the zinc badges came due war time shortages of copper.

Sometimes you also find enameled iron (magnetic) and the use of red opaque enamel instead of stippled transparant red enamel. And then you also have a few different sizes….
            Thanks a lot for the information. I definitely know now, what to keep an eye extra open for.

Regards
            mathiass

Comment

Both pieces appear to me to be original to the period. Congrats on two fine purchases for your collection!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                Both pieces appear to me to be original to the period. Congrats on two fine purchases for your collection!

Br. James
                Thank you.

Regards
                mathiass

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X