X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Badge with cuff links - Opinion

Hello Guys,
    I'm looking for this badge.
    I never see one with cuff links in reverse, but I found in the pag. 75 of the book "The Party Badge" this type. As the autor sad: it is rare and have some fakes, I would like to know that it is a good badge. Looks like good for me, but...
    Best regards,
    Schmidt

You might try emailing Jo Rivett and asking him where he found the photos of this NSDAP Membership Badge and two others made into cufflinks. Perhaps he still has these pieces and would sell them to you? As he says in his book, these were widely faked "a few years ago" and the veracity of them is certainly questionable -- from the photo you provide and the one in Rivett's book, these badges had no maker's mark or RZM license code on them, and that too would be very concerning...

Rivett's website address is noted in his book, as is the email address of the publisher, B&D Publishing LLC.

Br. James

Comment

Totally authentic and well known Ges Gesch variant. To be found full size and 17-18mm. Nice example but it's not a "rare" badge... these pop up all the time.

Comment

Appears to me that Br. James is referring to actual cufflinks, which I have seen talks about having been extensively faked, whereas the photo provided by the op only shows a regular and perfectly legit Ges Gesch marked party badge with a patterned attachment guide.

Comment

Like this one that I have
          Attached Files

Comment

I would also like to note that these have not been faked to my knowledge, nor does Rivett say so on page 75 of his book... he simply states that an identical obverse die, as used on these Ges Gesch party badges, was also used in creating cufflinks and further notes that cufflinks in general are rare and widely faked.

In short; the party badge pictured in the first post is authentic, nothing to worry about.

Comment

I have a single party badge with a cuff link back, it is maker marked RZM M1/101. Sorry I can't post photos.

Comment

Was the answer not to your liking or is acknowledging the help received simply too much of an effort? Just wondering.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X