CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Der Verw. SA Mann tinnie - Information??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Verw. SA Mann tinnie - Information??

I just picked this tinnie up and have been unable to find it in the many tinnie books I have. Putting it on WAF hoping somebody else has one and/or somebody has information on this.

From what I can tell, this is a tinnie constructed as an homage to wounded SA members. I am guessing it was constructed and sold to raise money to assist injured SA members. No idea on year, event(s), etc.

Very much appreciate anything anyone can pass along!
    Attached Files

Not seen this one before, might be an early one, Wood or Martin Harding may
    comment.

Comment

On a journey to collect donations to finance a memorial for the "Old Fighters" a statue called "Der verwundete SA Mann" was erected in Bernau close to Berlin in early 1934 (source: http://www.brandenburg-33.de/der-verwundete-s-a-mann/).

This could be a token for those who donated.

Comment

Many thanks!

I knew coming here would yield great results! Huge thanks and very much appreciated!

Comment

pre ww2 item! I do not see this type often!

Comment

heya guys

congrat whit a very nice find Not seen this one before either so nice to see something that still can amaze us

following the history around SA then its the worst time in history for SA was in 30 -32 where there was almost daily fights whit the commonist and also some major battles ( especially 30 ) where several hundred SA men was wounded so imo around 30-32 would be my guess.

cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X