2 SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 badges

Picked these up out of a fresh vet grouping , after reading i guess people only like the ones that are impressed but here are the two types.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

sd

sd
      Attached Files

Comment

tt

tt
        Attached Files

Comment

I seem to have seen the broken wing piece on a dealer's site... can't remember...

Mil

Comment

2 very different pieces... didn't know the first type had a variation.. Thanks for showing..

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
              2 very different pieces... didn't know the first type had a variation.. Thanks for showing..

Yes Gaspare. Two variations of the first pattern exist although I do believe that the “clipped wing” embossed “in” version is the more widely accepted one. The other version is being debated but a few years ago someone posted a photo of the other type.

Mil

Comment

Thanks Military ...,,, ...years ago the thing with this was ,,with the early pattern the 'S' from the SA had to be exactly directly above the 'R' or it was no good. Now I guess with this variant thats an old false tip..

Comment

Hello Gaspare,

The S-R thing still does apply for the second pattern ones, but I suspect the fakers would have corrected this by now.

Mil

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the positive comments on the badges, thank you.

Comment

So, both are from a vet. Did the vet serve in Europe during the war? If so, do you know if both were brought back by the vet? Just wondering, because if he says that he got them in Germany during the war, then that would be very strong evidence that both styles are genuine. Not that all tinnies like them are genuine, but it would help to verify that both styles were made before the end of the war.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and links guys. I appreciate it.

From the photos it appears to be OK. I wanted to have it vetted here since I want to put it up for sale on E-stand.

Best Regards to All.
                        Ed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X